mmuster Absent Member.
Absent Member.
4803 views

backup edirectory with iManager

I'm trying to setup a backup procedure for OES Linux using iManager.

Attempted to configure the Roll-Forwarding of logs and create a backup on
the master replica of the edirectory through iManager and edirectory
administration menu. But I receive the following error:-

"Error: Backup and Restore Wizard - Error
The following 'eMBox Client Exception' occurred.
WS: Unable to connect to the eMbox, it may not be loaded on the target
server."
Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Brunold Rainer
New Member.

Re: backup edirectory with iManager

mmuster,

what oes version are you using ?

Can you check if the embox module is loaded using

# ndstrace -c modules | grep embox

Also you can check with the following command on which port embox is listening:

# ndsconfig get http.server.tls-port

By default this might be 8030, so use netstat to check if port 8030 is open:

# netstat -tanpu | grep 8030

Rainer
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: backup edirectory with iManager

brunold wrote:

Same error here. The module is installed and running.

> what oes version are you using ?


8.8.5 on OES2 SP2 Linux

> Can you check if the embox module is loaded using
>
> # ndstrace -c modules | grep embox


embox Running

> Also you can check with the following command on which port embox is
> listening:
>
> # ndsconfig get http.server.tls-port


[1] Instance at /etc/opt/novell/eDirectory/conf/nds.conf:
ts3.OU=cluster.OU=TEST.O=somecompany.TESTTREE

Processing eDirectory parameter configuration request ...
http.server.tls-port=8030

> By default this might be 8030, so use netstat to check if port 8030 is
> open:


# netstat -tanpu | grep 8030
tcp 0 0 192.168.0.27:8030 0.0.0.0:*
LISTEN 4299/ndsd

Insufficient rights?

Günther
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: backup edirectory with iManager

Günther Schwarz wrote:

> Same error here. The module is installed and running.


> Insufficient rights?


Solved: I did use the wrong context for authentification with the
server. The error message is misleading.

Günther
0 Likes
ka3ak Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: backup edirectory with iManager

Günther Schwarz;1995411 wrote:
Günther Schwarz wrote:

> Same error here. The module is installed and running.


> Insufficient rights?


Solved: I did use the wrong context for authentification with the
server. The error message is misleading.

Günther



Yes, and beware, all it takes to have the context wrong and cause this problem is using a leading period. Don't use leading periods in the context!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.