jwang Absent Member.
Absent Member.

backup skips NSS volumes

I have a cluster head that's running SLES 10 sp2 and OES sp1. The NSS volumes and cluster resources loaded okay on SLES after migration from NetWare 6.5 to SLES, but I am having problems getting those NSS volumes backed up. The backup software is Networker 7.4 (Sun EBS). Each time the backup is run, only SLES system files are backed up, and those NSS volumes get skipped with no error message.

Is there anything particular I need to do for Networker to be able to backup those NSS volumes? Thanks for any insights.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: backup skips NSS volumes

They should be backed up, but they're probably being backed up as:

/media/nss/VOL

So they may be part of your "/" backup job.

At least that's how NetBackup works.
0 Likes
jwang Absent Member.
Absent Member.

kjhurni;1753691 wrote:
They should be backed up, but they're probably being backed up as:

/media/nss/VOL

So they may be part of your "/" backup job.

At least that's how NetBackup works.

Thanks for your reply.

In case someone has a similar problem, here's the followup:

I found out the reason being you need to explicitly specify EACH volume to be backed up in EBC's server profile.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Thanks for the info! Each backup software is diff. but this is nice to have or know about.
Thanks!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.