Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

client does not remember tree, context, and server

Windows 7, 64 bit
Novell Client 2 for Windows 7 - IR2

Everytime the user logs in, they have to enter the tree, context, and
server. (Client 4.91 on WinXP always remembered them.) What do I
need to do so the client remembers those settings? I am also using
ZCM 10 with a DLU policy if that matters.

Thanks,
Ken
--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

Create and vote for enhancements!
Idea Exchange sites within this community are now coming online for some of the Collaboration Products!
GroupWise Idea Exchange - https://community.microfocus.com/t5/GroupWise-Idea-Exchange/idb-p/GWideas
SMG Idea Exchange - https://community.microfocus.com/t5/Secure-Messaging-Gateway-Idea/idb-p/SMG_Ideas
Old method is still available for some products here: https://www.microfocus.com/products/enhancement-request.html
Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
10 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: client does not remember tree, context, and server

[Client doesn't save Tree + Context]

use the login from within windows, start, run, loginw32.exe, then browse to the tree
and context you need, [OK], login to eDir.

Logout from windows.

And now?

Regards, Rudi.
0 Likes
sulman78 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

This technique works. Any idea what causes this problem? I can't believe I haven't read more about it.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Hi.

>This technique works.

Glad to help.

>Any idea what causes this problem?

- I just found this solution by "playing around".
- I didn't check this, but propably from the origin login screen the settings
don't get (always) written to the registry. If you are interested in proofing
this, search the registry for the specified values after the initial logn
and after using loginw32 from a logged on windows session.

Regards, Rudi.
0 Likes
Mimpri Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

I've got the same problem:

Windows 7, 64 bit
Novell Client 2 for Windows 7 - IR3

every time I want to log in, I have to refill the tree, context and server fields.
Tried the loginw32 workaround, but after a restart, same problem...

There are only a few computers in our domain, who have this problem. Any ideas anyway?

Thanks,
Carina
0 Likes
krayzie358 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I hate to necro a post but I have this same issue with the most recent client release. I have IR2 on my current station and never had this issue but the newest release is doing this to me. Any fixes for this?
0 Likes
krayzie358 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I found that IR4 does this but if I install IR2 it works fine. Kind of messed up that we need to go backwards to get a working client.
0 Likes
jfountaine Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I don't mean to jump on this wagon and infringe, but we are experiencing the same issue with IR3 AND IR4. We have configured about 15 W7 machines with IR4 installed without a problem, and we are now down to our last 2 setups, and these 2 machines will not save the Tree and Context. I would like to know if there is a fix for this as well.
0 Likes
Steffenjones Absent Member.
Absent Member.

i found a solution!

you have to edit the systemloginprofile!
right click on the red "N" from the novell client in the taskbar and choose properties.
choose systemloginprofile and click on "Standard"
then properties, then eDirectory
choose the tree, no context, no server, only tree
then click ok and on the other open window also ok.
then restart and it should work!
Absent Member.

This is working as designed. TID 7009004 explains how the client saves a system default profile and an individual profile for each successful login.
0 Likes
na_paul Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have found, starting with Client 2 SP 2, once you get logged on, go to the Client Properties, find the default profile, select your tree, context & server then save. After that you should not have any issues.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.