Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.
2010 views

client maps volume on server instead of volume on cluster resource

I am using the following master login script:
MAP G:=.LC_GROUP.LOGANCITY:
MAP H:=.LC_SHARE.LOGANCITY:
MAP P:=.LC_APPS.LOGANCITY:
MAP Q:=.LC_GIS.LOGANCITY:

The results follow:
Group on 'Nw1' (G:)
Share on 'Lc_data_server' (H:)
Apps on 'Lc_apps_server' (P:)
Gis on 'Lc_gis_server' (Q:)

Group and Share volumes share the same cluster Pool. If I do a cluster migrate to server node NW2, users cannot access the G drive. However, they are able to map a drive to the resouce if they browse to the server node NW2 rather than the cluster resource volume object. What is broke?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: client maps volume on server instead of volume on cluster resource

Hi Doyle,

> MAP G:=.LC_GROUP.LOGANCITY:
> MAP H:=.LC_SHARE.LOGANCITY:
> MAP P:=.LC_APPS.LOGANCITY:
> MAP Q:=.LC_GIS.LOGANCITY:


> Group on 'Nw1' (G:)


This seems wrong. The map is to the physical node server, not to the virtual
server.
Start by checking that each cluster volumes has a unique VOLID value.
We can tell more if you post the load/unload scripts of the GROUP/SHARE pool
in here.

Peter


0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: client maps volume on server instead of volume on clusterresource



>>> Peter vdW<p.c.vanderwoudeREMOVE@THISsaxion.nl> 10/18/2005 1:52 AM >>>

Hi Doyle,

> MAP G:=.LC_GROUP.LOGANCITY:
> MAP H:=.LC_SHARE.LOGANCITY:
> MAP P:=.LC_APPS.LOGANCITY:
> MAP Q:=.LC_GIS.LOGANCITY:


> Group on 'Nw1' (G:)


This seems wrong. The map is to the physical node server, not to the virtual
server.
Start by checking that each cluster volumes has a unique VOLID value.
We can tell more if you post the load/unload scripts of the GROUP/SHARE pool
in here.

Peter

nss /poolactivate=DATA
mount GROUP VOLID=252
mount SHARE VOLID=253
CLUSTER CVSBIND ADD LC_DATA_SERVER 10.1.15.60
NUDP ADD LC_DATA_SERVER 10.1.15.60
CIFS ADD .CN=LC_DATA_SERVER.O=LOGANCITY.T=LOGANCITY.
add secondary ipaddress 10.1.15.60


del secondary ipaddress 10.1.15.60
CLUSTER CVSBIND DEL LC_DATA_SERVER 10.1.15.60
NUDP DEL LC_DATA_SERVER 10.1.15.60
CIFS DEL .CN=LC_DATA_SERVER.O=LOGANCITY.T=LOGANCITY.
nss /pooldeactivate=DATA /overridetype=question





0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: client maps volume on server instead of volume on clusterresource

Doyle:

This one puzzles me a bit, as it is not common to use multiple volumes in
one cluster pool.
To quote the manual: " With this release of Cluster Services,
cluster-enabled volumes no longer appear as cluster resources. NSS pools are
resources, and load and unload scripts apply to pools and are automatically
generated for them. Each cluster-enabled NSS pool requires its own IP
address. This means that each cluster-enabled volume does not have an
associated load and unload script or an assigned IP address. "
So I wonder what type of objects LC_GROUP and LC_SHARE are ?

Try if mapping to the cluster pool ip works:
MAP G:=\\10.1.15.60\GROUP
MAP H:=\\10.1.15.60\SHARE
If that doesn't help you might need to add some CVSBIND statements to the
scripts for each volume.
Here's some info:
http://support.novell.com/techcenter/search/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=10027333html&sliceId=&dialogID=817496

Peter

>> MAP G:=.LC_GROUP.LOGANCITY:
>> MAP H:=.LC_SHARE.LOGANCITY:
>> MAP P:=.LC_APPS.LOGANCITY:
>> MAP Q:=.LC_GIS.LOGANCITY:

>
>> Group on 'Nw1' (G:)

>
> This seems wrong. The map is to the physical node server, not to the
> virtual
> server.
> Start by checking that each cluster volumes has a unique VOLID value.
> We can tell more if you post the load/unload scripts of the GROUP/SHARE
> pool
> in here.
>
> Peter
>
> nss /poolactivate=DATA
> mount GROUP VOLID=252
> mount SHARE VOLID=253
> CLUSTER CVSBIND ADD LC_DATA_SERVER 10.1.15.60
> NUDP ADD LC_DATA_SERVER 10.1.15.60
> CIFS ADD .CN=LC_DATA_SERVER.O=LOGANCITY.T=LOGANCITY.
> add secondary ipaddress 10.1.15.60
>
>
> del secondary ipaddress 10.1.15.60
> CLUSTER CVSBIND DEL LC_DATA_SERVER 10.1.15.60
> NUDP DEL LC_DATA_SERVER 10.1.15.60
> CIFS DEL .CN=LC_DATA_SERVER.O=LOGANCITY.T=LOGANCITY.
> nss /pooldeactivate=DATA /overridetype=question



0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: client maps volume on server instead of volume on clusterresource

> This one puzzles me a bit, as it is not common to use multiple
> volumes in one cluster pool.


Depends on the usage. I have K12s that put up a student pool then add
a volume/grad year. End of year wack the volume and create a new one.
Much easier than trying to delete all the funny named 0 byte files the
little...ah...angels created.

> MAP H:=\\10.1.15.60\SHARE


I normally create a DNS entry for each resource using the basic
resource name. Then map with it. i.e. cluster_DATA_server as the
resource with a volume of SHARE - having DATA as the DNS entry maps to
MAP H:=\\data\SHARE

--
Timothy Leerhoff
Novell Support Forum Sysop

"I have the body of a god, unfortunately it's Buddah"
- T-shirt quote
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.