welege Absent Member.
Absent Member.

clients cannot connect after server reboot NW65 SP8

We downed a NW65 SP8 server and moved to a new office. Moved clients as well. Nothing changed (all the same hardware, users, etc.), but after starting up the server, no users can connect. Also cannot ping the server, which probably explains the connection problem. Each workstation has a static IP address on the network, and the same subnet as the server (192.168.1.2 is the server's address). I do not know what to check. I do not understand what could have changed in a reboot. I appreciate any help. Thanks.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: clients cannot connect after server reboot NW65 SP8

Welege,
> (192.168.1.2 is the server's address). I do not know what
> to check. I do not understand what could have changed in a reboot. I
> appreciate any help. Thanks.

Monitor, LAN/WAN, any activity on the Network cards? Check the error
counters and traffic counters. Also check that you have indeed bound the
correct IP to the correct NIC.-

--
Anders Gustafsson (NKP)
The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Have an idea for a product enhancement? Please visit:
http://www.novell.com/rms

0 Likes
welege Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Anders, thanks so much for helping out. When you mentioned the word "bound", my old Netware 3,12 days came to life. I found the problem.....there are 2 NICs in the server....you know where I'm going....I'm embarrassed, but once again, thanks for your time 🙂
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Welege,
> .there are 2 NICs in the server....you know where I'm
> going....I'm embarrassed, but once again, thanks for your time 🙂

Been there... Glad you got it sorted.

--
Anders Gustafsson (NKP)
The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Have an idea for a product enhancement? Please visit:
http://www.novell.com/rms

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.