Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

delete with .bat file doesn't remove app from ifolder server

Hello,

I have ifolder server running as a VM in our small business. The ifolder client has been installed on one of our Servers (Windows 2003) and we run a nightly scheduled task setup as a .bat file to at first delete files from our ifolder folder and then copy new files to the ifolder folder.

I then have at my house ifolder installed on my Ubuntu desktop connected to the ifolder server at the office.

It seems that our scheduled task at the office does delete the files from the ifolder folder and copies the new files, but I've noticed that my ifolder folder on my client at home still has the old files that I thought were deleted in the scheduled task. I took a look at the ifolder server and noticed that the files that were deleted on our Windows 2003 ifolder folder at the office are still there (which is why I still see them at home).

Any ideas as to why our ifolder server doesn't recognize the delete?

Thanks.
Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: delete with .bat file doesn't remove app from ifolder se

greavette;1870246 wrote:
Hello,

I have ifolder server running as a VM in our small business. The ifolder client has been installed on one of our Servers (Windows 2003) and we run a nightly scheduled task setup as a .bat file to at first delete files from our ifolder folder and then copy new files to the ifolder folder.

I then have at my house ifolder installed on my Ubuntu desktop connected to the ifolder server at the office.

It seems that our scheduled task at the office does delete the files from the ifolder folder and copies the new files, but I've noticed that my ifolder folder on my client at home still has the old files that I thought were deleted in the scheduled task. I took a look at the ifolder server and noticed that the files that were deleted on our Windows 2003 ifolder folder at the office are still there (which is why I still see them at home).

Any ideas as to why our ifolder server doesn't recognize the delete?

Thanks.

This may be somewhat of a longshot, but I've noticed that some files that I have deleted which remain in the Recycle Bin do come back.

So I would delete a file, it would go to the Recycle Bin, then at the next iFolder synchronization period the file would be there again.

Perhaps, enable the option to delete files immediately, instead of placing in the recycle bin, or verify your Shadow Copy settings.

I'm not much of a windows guy.

Thanks. Eric.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: delete with .bat file doesn't remove app from ifolder server

In article <greavette.3zucin@no-mx.forums.novell.com>, Greavette wrote:
> Any ideas as to why our ifolder server doesn't recognize the delete?
>

Do they appear deleted when you run the batch file manually?

Perhaps there is an error message coming up that you are missing.

Craig Johnson
Novell Support Connection SysOp

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.