jmoors Absent Member.
Absent Member.

disclaimer page before logging into NRM

I am trying to setup a disclaimer page before logging into NRM. I followed the following instructions:
------------------------------------------------
This is from the Novell Documentation:
3.2 Setting Up a Customized Disclaimer or Text Screen

If you want users to view information specific to your company or server before they log in to Novell® Remote Manager, you can set up a custom disclaimer page or text screen that they are required to view before logging in to Novell Remote Manager.

To add a customized disclaimer or text screen:

1. Access the sys:\login\prtltxt.htm file.
2. Change the template text to a message of your choosing.
3. Rename the file to prtldisc.htm.

If you implement the custom disclaimer or text screen (sys:login\prtltxt.htm) for the Novell Remote Manager login, it does not display correctly in the server browser.
------------------------------------------------------
Okay I have followed the instructions and I have to agree it doesn't display correctly. If I open the file prtldisc.htm in a browser it looks fine. But if I try to go into the NRM ... serveripaddress:8008 I get page prtldisc.htm displayed as text rather than html and I can not do anything from that.

Has anyone got the disclaimer page to work? If so what do I need to do in order for that to happen?

Thanks,

John M
Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
hspeirs Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: disclaimer page before logging into NRM

john,

> Okay I have followed the instructions and I have to agree it doesn't
> display correctly. If I open the file prtldisc.htm in a browser it looks
> fine. But if I try to go into the NRM ... serveripaddress:8008 I get
> page prtldisc.htm displayed as text rather than html and I can not do
> anything from that.

Edit the prtldisc.htm file and remove the HTML tags at the beginning and
end of the file. It won't display correctly as a standalone page any
more, but it will display properly in NRM

H.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.