sinnwellr Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: eDir username change - no change in iFolder

I did get a notification from Novell regarding this update to fix the bug. One question they were not able to answer for me is if this update would require a new iFolder client be deployed to each user. We're currently using 3.8.0.5 and if this requires a client upgrade, it will be a more planned update. If I can get by with updating this and not forcing all the clients to upgrade over the WAN it would be something I can just do any time I'm ready. Do you know if this forces an update?

Ryan Sinnwell Infrastructure Manager The Weitz Company
0 Likes
Highlighted
markovhe Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: eDir username change - no change in iFolder

Ryan,

Every ifolder update that I've run pushes a client update by default. There is a version.config file that controls this. Since older clients seem to work just fine on newer server versions, I've made it a general practice to let users keep their current version without being forced to update everytime I patch the server hoping for a fix for this username issue (that seems to be resolved now).

I just copy the current version.config to a version.config.x.x.x.x (representing the version referenced in the file) in the same directory, then patch the server, then rename the new file to version.config.x.x.x.x and copy the one I want to use back to the original name. If you look at these files in a text editor you can see the format very clearly so feel free to modify the file itself if that suits you better.

I believe we're currently running client 3.8.0.3 for most of my users. I will push the latest (3.8.0.8?) sometime soon, but I like to give my users a heads up first. Having good release notes on what the client revisions fix/address would be helpful in my decision to push newer ones, but I haven't been able to find this anywhere.

Hope that helps,

Heath
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.