vanessav Absent Member.
Absent Member.

edirectory with identity manager 4.0.2 high availability

Hello everybody, I need your help. I have 2 nodes with OES11SP2, edir 8.8 and IDM 4.0.2 installed .. I need to mount high availability for IDM engine not app, only engine. I don't know what is the recommended procedure SUSE HA or NCS ..

if someone has some step by step I need your help.

Any advice or direction to articles would be appreciated

Thanks

Vanessa
Labels (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: edirectory with identity manager 4.0.2 high availability

You cannot cluster eDirectory with NCS, so you need to go with SLES plus
the HAE add-on. From there it's pretty simple, though if you have not
done HAE before you may want somebody to help that first time. The IDM
documentation mentions this option, I believe, as do some CoolSolutions.

--
Good luck.

If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
show your appreciation and click on the star below...
0 Likes
vanessav Absent Member.
Absent Member.

thanks for your answer ... yes I don't want edirectory cluster because I can't start IDM in the same time in both servers .. have you some coolsolution? .. in old version I followed:

https://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/appnote/18591.html

but with SLES11 SP3 I haven't hearbeat ..
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

https://www.netiq.com/documentation/edir88/edirin88/data/bnevxlg.html

--
Good luck.

If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
show your appreciation and click on the star below...
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

vanessav;2376067 wrote:
thanks for your answer ... yes I don't want edirectory cluster because I can't start IDM in the same time in both servers .. have you some coolsolution? .. in old version I followed:

https://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/appnote/18591.html

but with SLES11 SP3 I haven't hearbeat ..

I believe that Novell/SuSe made the heartbeat/HA stuff as a separate license, so you need to buy the HAE separately now.
0 Likes
dbgallo1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

you REALLY do not want to run IDM on NCS, there are sometimes issues with OES/SLES and IDM conflicting during updates.

Our environment runs on SLES11sp3 with eDirectory for non OES installed. Our IDM server is stand alone , but SRM'd on VMWARE with VMWARE HA. If you do need to restart it, remember that all events will queue and resume where it left off. You can add multiple servers to each driver set and do a stop on Server 1, start on Server 2 for your maintenance windows, otherwise they just seem to run without incident.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.