Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

evms woes - delete existing objects

Problems deleting existing evms objects. OES2-L SP3

Action, delete, (choose a category) shows no objects of interest. Activated and mounted items do show.

Can get the items of interest to show if I manually activate them, by stealing command lines from cluster resource scripts and editing them to suit.

However, even after deleting them, the will show as multiple uninitialized disks (we are doing the multipath thing). Even after unpresenting them via the SAN and doing a multipath restart and rescan_scsi_bus.sh. The only way they go away is to reboot.

Since I have a lot of these to do (disk volume size increases, no never got the "expand" magic to work, so we are replacing), I would like a cleaner way to do this.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Are these NSS volumes, or JUST EVMS using EXT3 or something?

I only ask about the expanding part.

With MPIO, I've basically had to unattach it from all but one server, reboot the servers involved in order to clear the lock and then delete, and then reboot yet again.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

On 04.01.2012 22:46, joea wrote:
> However, even after deleting them, the will show as multiple
> uninitialized disks (we are doing the multipath thing). Even after
> unpresenting them via the SAN and doing a multipath restart and
> rescan_scsi_bus.sh. The only way they go away is to reboot.

Try "rescan_scsi_bus.sh -r"

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Novell Knowledge Partner
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de
CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Micro Focus Knowledge Partner
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

That did not work. However rescan-scsi-bus.sh -r, that DID work. (well, I did mis type if first . . . ).

It was a bit "scary" as it blurted out "errors" that were a bit dis-concerting, while appearing to be in
a "loop". However, since it warned that it hight take "a while", I chained myself down and waited
it out.

evmsgui then fired up with the correct view, grumbling about the other node, until I rescanned that one.

Hopefully, this will cause no ill effects on a production system, having worked fine on the "test" production
system.

joe a.

mrosen;2165217 wrote:
On 04.01.2012 22:46, joea wrote:
> However, even after deleting them, the will show as multiple
> uninitialized disks (we are doing the multipath thing). Even after
> unpresenting them via the SAN and doing a multipath restart and
> rescan_scsi_bus.sh. The only way they go away is to reboot.

Try "rescan_scsi_bus.sh -r"

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Novell Knowledge Partner
No emails please!
Untitled Document
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.