itec Absent Member.
Absent Member.

iFolder 3.6 Slow Browse Issue

Hi there,

We are having an issue with slow browsing in directroies where an iFolder is saved.

For example on Windows XP in the My Documents Folder a client has 2 iFolders saved in there and it takes about 20 seconds for XP to display the contents of the My Documents folder.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
itec Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: iFolder 3.6 Slow Browse Issue

Sorry just to add:

If the iFolder client is not loaded and running, the browse issue does not happen.

It does not matter which folder view is selected "Details, List, Icons" are all affected. Is there any way to disable the replacement of the icon from a normal windows folder icon?
0 Likes
bpedrant Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: iFolder 3.6 Slow Browse Issue

Yes, we have noticed the same issue on 20+ PCs.

It triples the delay of file browsing anything on the C: drive.

It is so noticable, that some of our users requested us to remove the software.

Never mind that when you have more than 5000+ files in a single folder, the client stops syncing........

I miss v2.x

Brian
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.