Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

iFolder 3.8.4.1 - Frequent Simias crash System.NullReference

Hello,
Here is the setup : Win 7 SP1 x64, 16Gb RAM
iFolder (Simias) is repeatedly crashing with the following error : System.NullReferenceException
Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

StackTrace: at Simias.Sync.InFile.Close(Boolean InFinalizer, Boolean commit)
at Simias.Sync.InFile.Finalize()

I've tried to disable the antivirus (Avast) : no change.

The Computer is "up to date" as per Microsoft Windows update.

Nothing obvious in the logs ...

Any clue would be much appreciated.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: iFolder 3.8.4.1 - Frequent Simias crash System.NullRefer

oruff;2114418 wrote:
Hello,
Here is the setup : Win 7 SP1 x64, 16Gb RAM
iFolder (Simias) is repeatedly crashing with the following error : System.NullReferenceException
Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

StackTrace: at Simias.Sync.InFile.Close(Boolean InFinalizer, Boolean commit)
at Simias.Sync.InFile.Finalize()

I've tried to disable the antivirus (Avast) : no change.

The Computer is "up to date" as per Microsoft Windows update.

Nothing obvious in the logs ...

Any clue would be much appreciated.

oruff,

I’ve seen this very same kind of behavior on a similar Windows 7 configuration before (but with a slightly older version (3.8.0.3) of the iFolder client). You might want to try uninstalling the iFolder client and then removing the following directories if they aren’t removed by the uninstall:

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\simias
%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\iFolder
%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\simias
C:\Program Files\iFolder
C:\Program Files (x86)\iFolder

Then reboot a few times nice and cleanly and reinstall the iFolder client. (Sure, the additional reboots are more superstitious than anything but who knows, maybe it helps the .NET stuff straighten itself out.) When this happened to me before (twice on two different machines) I was tempted to go poking around in the registry to see if I could clean anything up in there too but decided to try my luck with just having done the uninstall and removing those directories (which, in some cases, had some files in them post-uninstall). It did the trick for me.

Hope this helps,

Paul
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.