Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
sbarylski Absent Member.
Absent Member.

iFolder - Client login problem - Mac OS X 10.5.7

Hello,

My company decided to start using ifolder. We have run our own server. We have been impressed with the utility. There are several issues to be solved, however we think ifolder is one of the best utilities of that sort which are available to small and medium companies.

However, the main ifolder problem is stability of the ifolder client. I myself use it on my two macs. The client often crashes. There have also been several issues when loading synchronization configuration.

Now I have no possibility to use the ifolder synchronization in one of my macs at all. There is an error message which says that there is an error while trying to connect to ifolder server. Please note that I input a proper configuration data (server address, login, password), which are exactly the same as in my first mac.

I have already uninstalled ifolder client, I have deleted all ifolder system folders which I found in my computer and I have reinstalled the client again. Unfortunatelly with no effect - I face the same issue.

My iFolder version is 3.7.2.0

Do you possibly have any idea what to do now or any hint form me?

Thanks in advence.

Sebastian.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
ssutapalli2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: iFolder - Client login problem - Mac OS X 10.5.7

Good to see your message that you have good impression on iFolder and sad that iFolder on Mac is not working properly.
Let me try to resolve it:
Quit iFolde first.
From Terminal make sure that there is no process "mono" running. Use the command "ps -ea | grep mono" and if you find any process running, run the command "killall mono"
From Terminal, go to folder "$HOME/.local/share" and remove the folder "simias" available in it.
Start iFolder as usual. It will ask for account creation. Please hold on here and go to terminal again and go to folder "$HOME/.local/share/simias" and open the file "Simias.log4net". Change all "INFO" to "DEBUG" in that file. Save and close the file.
In iFolder, continue creating the account. If you still find issues, please update the Simias.log file available in $HOME/.local/share/simias.

Thanks & Regards,
--Satyam.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.