Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.
1905 views

iFolder Client on Windows Vista

I have been doing some testing to see what works and what doesn't with
Windows Vista. iFolder 3.4 client will install and appears to work except
that the downloads take a VERY long time. Has anyone else tested this?

Charles


Labels (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: iFolder Client on Windows Vista

Charles,

It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your
posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply.

Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options:

- Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.novell.com/search/kb_index.jsp
- Check all of the other support tools and options available at
http://support.novell.com.
- You could also try posting your message again. Make sure it is posted in the
correct newsgroup. (http://support.novell.com/forums)

Be sure to read the forum FAQ about what to expect in the way of responses:
http://support.novell.com/forums/faq_general.html

If this is a reply to a duplicate posting, please ignore and accept our apologies
and rest assured we will issue a stern reprimand to our posting bot.

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://support.novell.com/forums/


0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: iFolder Client on Windows Vista

In article <4Cmih.18702$jS4.12344@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, Charles
wrote:
> iFolder 3.4 client will install and appears to work except
> that the downloads take a VERY long time.
>

I have not tested yet. However, I have found that iFolder client works
100 times slower if going through a proxy than not, at least on Windows
2000 and XP. (Noted with BorderManager).

If you have a proxy set in IE, try testing with the proxy disabled. If
things are faster, configure the url/address as a proxy bypass in the
browser settings.

Craig Johnson
Novell Support Connection SysOp

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: iFolder Client on Windows Vista

We already bypass the proxy for iFolder because of the slow down it causes.

"Craig Johnson" <craigsj@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
news:VA.00003800.20feec79@ix.netcom.com...
> In article <4Cmih.18702$jS4.12344@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, Charles
> wrote:
>> iFolder 3.4 client will install and appears to work except
>> that the downloads take a VERY long time.
>>

> I have not tested yet. However, I have found that iFolder client works
> 100 times slower if going through a proxy than not, at least on Windows
> 2000 and XP. (Noted with BorderManager).
>
> If you have a proxy set in IE, try testing with the proxy disabled. If
> things are faster, configure the url/address as a proxy bypass in the
> browser settings.
>
> Craig Johnson
> Novell Support Connection SysOp
>



0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: iFolder Client on Windows Vista

Did it help here? I mean, was it even slower without the bypass?

Craig Johnson
Novell Support Connection SysOp

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: iFolder Client on Windows Vista

Unrelated . . . the Vista client in question didn't use a proxy. Hopefully
there will be a Vista compatible client build soon.



"Craig Johnson" <craigsj@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
news:VA.00003804.21e821a5@ix.netcom.com...
> Did it help here? I mean, was it even slower without the bypass?
>
> Craig Johnson
> Novell Support Connection SysOp
>



0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.