krobertsjr Absent Member.
Absent Member.

iFolder Upgrade

I'm running iFolder 3.7.1 running on Suse 10 with OES 2.0.1. I having a hard time determining if any patches or upgrade pathes are out there. When I for patches I don't see 3.7 listed as a version. Only shows up to 3.6. Also I see a 3.9 version out there but not sure if that is the route I need to go. Some guidance would by much appreciated.

Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: iFolder Upgrade

krobertsjr wrote:

> I'm running iFolder 3.7.1 running on Suse 10 with OES 2.0.1. I having a
> hard time determining if any patches or upgrade pathes are out there.
> When I for patches I don't see 3.7 listed as a version. Only shows up to
> 3.6. Also I see a 3.9 version out there but not sure if that is the
> route I need to go. Some guidance would by much appreciated.

Your reference to "Suse 10 with OES 2.0.1" suggests OES2 SP1 (hopefully) on
SLES10 SP2.

With iFolder on OES (whether v2 or v11) you should only update iFolder with
patches released for that OES version (either through the update channel or
via Patch Finder), so with OES2 SP1 it's iFolder 3.7. If you want a later
version you need to upgrade OES to a later Support Pack - OES2 SP2 gives
you iFolder 3.8.0 and SP3 has 3.8.4. OES11 has 3.9.x.

Since OES2 SP1 is no longer supported you really should be planning to
upgrade to SP2 then to SP3 (on SLES10 SP4) as soon as possible.

HTH.
--
Simon
Novell Knowledge Partner
0 Likes
krobertsjr Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: iFolder Upgrade

Thanks for the information. That brings me to two other questions. If I wanted to get rid of the current server that iFolder is running on could I just build a new server with the latest version of iFolder and then bring those two servers together to make a cluster. That way the information would be transfered to the new server. Once that is completed I could remove the old server from the cluster. Also is OES needed to run iFolder? I'm trying to get away from it if possible.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.