catanis Absent Member.
Absent Member.

iFolder client for Win7 with compatibility to iFolder 2.x

Hi,

I am searching for an iFolder Client for Windows 7 with a backward compatibility to an iFolder for Netware 2.x.

Any ideas where to get and how to configure ?

regards,
Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
pblouin Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: iFolder client for Win7 with compatibility to iFolder 2.

I would first suggest that you look on the NetWare iFolder 2.x server that you plan to connect to from the Windows 7 workstation for the client installation file. It's been a while (iFolder 2.1.2 was released back in December of 2003, after all) but I seem to recall that the client installation file was generated on the iFolder server with configuration options (including the SSL certificate, if SSL was enabled on the system) compiled into it. Of course, my memory could be hazy from that long ago.

If it's not there, you can't find it, or you just don't have access to it you can always grab a copy of the client off of the NetWare 6.5 DVD in the products/ifolder directory. I just took a quick look around here for that DVD but could only find a NetWare 6 (which shipped with iFolder 1.01 - which would not work with your iFolder server) disc.

The good news is that I can confirm that the iFolder 2.1.3 client works fine under Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit) so long as you run it in Compatibility Mode (and maybe even as Administrator) - I forget the details of getting it working correctly but I did get it to work some time back and it was fine once I tweaked it a little.

- Paul
0 Likes
pblouin Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Another thought is that you might be able to get the client from one of the service packs. You might want to download one of them (NetWare 6.5 SP8 is here) and see if the client version you need is in there. In fact, I'd be a little surprised if it wasn't.

- Paul
0 Likes
pblouin Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I just checked it out and, yes, you can get the iFolder 2.1.8 client from the NetWare 6.5 SP8 site.

It's in the ../PRODUCTS/IFOLDER directory in the NW65PRODSP8.ISO file.

If you need an older version then try downloading an older service pack (though this version should be backward compatible to...I'm guessing 2.0 or at least 2.1).

- Paul
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.