geissler Absent Member.
Absent Member.

iFolder over SSL - With "official" SSL certificate

Hi,

I have here a OES11 server with iFolder3 installed.
My past problem:
If I connect the server with the iFolder client over SSL I get the message that the certificate is not secure because it's not "official" signed.
Ok, I great I own certificate, make CSR file and let it signed by a official certificate signer.
After this I gave the server a second IP address and bind a virtual host (with the signed certificate) on this ip address.
No I can connect with the iFolder3 client to the server without any message that the certificate is not secure.
But I have a new Problem:
When I try to activate a user for iFolder in the iFolder admin portal I get the following message:
----------- Start message ---------------------
Server Version: 1.9.0.0
HostName: cr-n-ftp
MachineName: cr-n-ftp
OS Version: Unix 2.6.32.59
CLR Version: 2.0.50727.1433

Exception detail:

Exception type: SendFailure

Error writing request: The authentication or decryption has failed.

at System.Net.WebConnectionStream.WriteHeaders () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Net.WebConnectionStream.SetHeaders (System.Byte[] buffer) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Net.WebConnectionStream:SetHeaders (byte[])
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.SendRequestHeaders (Boolean propagate_error) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
-------------- End message ----------------

And also I get a error message when I try to open the SYSTEM-tab on the iFolder admin portal:
----------- Start message ---------------------
Server Version: 1.9.0.0
HostName: cr-n-ftp
MachineName: cr-n-ftp
OS Version: Unix 2.6.32.59
CLR Version: 2.0.50727.1433

Exception detail:

Exception type: Exception

Unable to connect to master serverSystem.Net.WebException: Error writing request: The authentication or decryption has failed.
at System.Net.WebConnectionStream.WriteHeaders () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Net.WebConnectionStream.SetHeaders (System.Byte[] buffer) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Net.WebConnectionStream:SetHeaders (byte[])
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.SendRequestHeaders (Boolean propagate_error) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Novell.iFolderWeb.Admin.SystemInfo.ConnectToMaster () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Novell.iFolderWeb.Admin.SystemInfo.Page_PreRender (System.Object source, System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Web.UI.Control.OnPreRender (System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessLoadComplete () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Web.UI.Page.InternalProcessRequest () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest (System.Web.HttpContext context) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
-------------- End message ----------------

Any idea or tip how I fix this?

Thanks in advance and best regards
Andre
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
geissler Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: iFolder over SSL - With "official" SSL certificate

SOLVED!

I solved the problem.
The key to the solution was the ifolder39_admin.pdf - page 226.

Best regards
Andre
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.