Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

iManager oes2 cluster options blank after channel update

After an OES1-OES2 (L) upgrade, and subsequent channel updates, can no longer display cluster information under (Cluster, Cluster Options), where you normally do things like edit cluster scripts.

On upgraded clusters that have not had channel updates (patches) applied, acts normally. Remaining OES1 clusters also act normally.

???
Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

It's likely caused by iManager plugin mismatch or rights issues.

What does it say when you click "Cluster Options" or "Cluster Manager"? If they are not displayed at all, you don't have NCS iManager plugin installed. You can try to do an online iManager plugin installation.

Regards,

Changju

joea;2138081 wrote:
After an OES1-OES2 (L) upgrade, and subsequent channel updates, can no longer display cluster information under (Cluster, Cluster Options), where you normally do things like edit cluster scripts.

On upgraded clusters that have not had channel updates (patches) applied, acts normally. Remaining OES1 clusters also act normally.

???
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I was not clear. I can drill down, in either category, and select any cluster object.

In Cluster Manager, I can see the cluster details.

In Cluster Options, the cluster appears empty, there are no items to select.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Sounds like you have OES1 and OES2 nodes in one of the clusters. And you only have this problem on the upgraded nodes.

Since all the information coming from the master node (the same way), the problem is likely caused by NCS iManager plugin on the newer nodes.

Please try to move the master to one of the newer nodes (to avoid any iManager mistach) and test again.

Please also try to install iManager plugins on one of the newer nodes manually and test one more time.

If the problem persists, please contact NTS. Once we have the basic support information, we should be able to get the bottom of it quickly.

Regards,

Changju

joea;2138127 wrote:
I was not clear. I can drill down, in either category, and select any cluster object.

In Cluster Manager, I can see the cluster details.

In Cluster Options, the cluster appears empty, there are no items to select.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Per NTS. I applied the suggestions in TID 3147787 (re-create clstrlib.conf) and that resolved the problem on one cluster. That and reboot of a node on the other clusters resolved the rest. Pointed to by using a provided test file.

changju;2138142 wrote:
Sounds like you have OES1 and OES2 nodes in one of the clusters. And you only have this problem on the upgraded nodes.

Since all the information coming from the master node (the same way), the problem is likely caused by NCS iManager plugin on the newer nodes.

Please try to move the master to one of the newer nodes (to avoid any iManager mistach) and test again.

Please also try to install iManager plugins on one of the newer nodes manually and test one more time.

If the problem persists, please contact NTS. Once we have the basic support information, we should be able to get the bottom of it quickly.

Regards,

Changju
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.