Highlighted
gleahy Absent Member.
Absent Member.

iPrintmig failing to migrate - PSMinfo ncpshell error

Hi,

I have a Netware 6.5 SP8/edir 8.8.5 (file and print services) I am testing migration to OES2sp1/SLES10SP2 (fully patched). I am getting errors on the ncpshell as listed below. What is my next step in T/S this?

I tried the miggui and found that it didn't bring the driver over. Now I am trying the command line iprintmig and finding that the printer doesn't come over and the - - debug log states it is succesful as do I get 100% at the command line.

When looking at the debug log, there is a failure on the following line as follows:

ncpshell --ip=172.27.64.101 --u=admin.kamloopscity --invoke --parm1=SYS:/NDPS/PSMInfo.nlm --d
Error(1000): SERVER: load nlm SYS:/NDPS/PSMInfo.nlm failed rc=35198.

The previous line was succesful and is listed here:
ncpshell --ip=172.27.64.101 --u=admin.kamloopscity --put --src=/opt/novell/iprint/share/PSMInfo.nlm --dst=SYS:/NDPS/PSMInfo.nlm --d

The iprintmig command I am using is the following:

iprintmig -N -s 172.27.64.101 -d 172.27.64.71 -D cn=ncspmgr,ou=CITYHALL,o=KAMLOOPSCITY -u cn=admin,o=kamloopscity -U cn=admin,o=kamloopscity -p Betty1B00p -t Betty1B00p -I drvstr.CITYHALL.KAMLOOPSCITY -n CH2IT1-TRN --debug

The ncpshell.log looks like this:

DDCNCPRequest(1222770688, 23, 3, 0xbfb2dec9, 128, 0xbfb2de08, 0xbfb2de49)
DDCNCPRequest(...) rc=0
GetFileServerInfo: rc=0
startnds: Login... rc=0
DDCNCPRequest(1222836224, 23, 4, 0xbfb2de80, 0, 0xbfb2de48, (nil))
DDCNCPRequest(...) rc=0
ChangeConnectionState: rc=0
DDCNCPRequest(1222836224, 131, 279, 0xbfb2dd79, 20, 0xbfb2dd48, 0xbfb2de90)
DDCNCPRequest(...) rc=35198
LoadNLM: rc=35198
LoadNLM: rpccode=35198
SERVER: load nlm SYS:/NDPS/PSMInfo.nlm failed rc=35198.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
rchakraborty1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: iPrintmig failing to migrate - PSMinfo ncpshell error

Hi,
Here are the quick checks you need to do.
- Please check the sys:/ndps/ folder in your source server, see that psminfo.nlm exists there.
- From console of your NeWare server try to invoke the nlm.
- If successful go to sys:/ndps again and see whether you have the following files:
-psminfo.xml, psminfo.log.
If any of the steps above fail let us know.

If you can successfully do the above mentioned steps then here is a TID which documents a new feature in Print migration which will help you to do the rest:[TID 7004910]

Also, after the above three steps : try using the ncpshell command manually to copy the file with:
/opt/novell/ncpserv/sbin/ncpshell --ip=<ipaddress> --u=<user> --get --src =SYS:/NDPS/psminfo.xml --dst= /tmp/psminfo.xml --d
Check if this fails.

Thanks,
Ruma
0 Likes
gleahy Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Here are the quick checks you need to do.
- Please check the sys:/ndps/ folder in your source server, see that psminfo.nlm exists there. This directory exists
- From console of your NeWare server try to invoke the nlm. loading the PSMinfo.nlm is succesful
- If successful go to sys:/ndps again and see whether you have the following files:
-psminfo.xml, psminfo.log. These files exist with a date stamp and time stamp of when I invoked it
If any of the steps above fail let us know. There are no failures here

I'll try the TID next.

Thank-you.
0 Likes
rchakraborty1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for your quick reply. I am almost sure it will work once you try with this TID. Please let us know otherwise.
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

On 12/18/2009 12:16 AM, rchakraborty wrote:
>
> Thanks for your quick reply. I am almost sure it will work once you try
> with this TID. Please let us know otherwise.
>
>

Sorry to thread dredge, but I was getting the same error code as the
original poster (rc=35198) during an identity transfer migration. I
found the cause of my issue as well. Be sure the following set
parameters are set to "off" on the source NetWare server:

SET Reject NCP Packets with bad components = OFF
SET Reject NCP Packets with bad lengths = OFF

--
Jason Doering

Address is munged; I already get enough spam.
Remove three nospams to reply.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.