Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.
972 views

ifolder only synchronises on login

I have ifolder client 2.1.3. installed on several WinXPPro machines,
accessing the same ifolder.

On one PC, and one only, despite several reinstalls and reboots, it refuses
to synchronise except on login. After that nothing, even if I press the
Sync now button. This causes serious problems with my mail folders.

I am admin on all these machines, but not on the ifolder server. Symc
delays have been configured by the admin, and disabled for me.

Any suggestions?

Shaharin Yussof
Safety Science, UNSW, Sydney
Labels (1)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ifolder only synchronises on login

,
> On one PC, and one only, despite several reinstalls and reboots, it refuses
> to synchronise except on login.


And the same user account syncs OK to another PC?

- Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
NSC Volunteer Sysop
Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell does not monitor these forums officially.
Enhancement requests for all Novell products may be made at
http://support.novell.com/enhancement

Using VA 5.51 build 315 on Windows 2000 build 2195

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ifolder only synchronises on login

> ,
> > On one PC, and one only, despite several reinstalls and reboots, it refuses
> > to synchronise except on login.

>
> And the same user account syncs OK to another PC?


Perfectly. This is why I am completely puzzled by it. Just had to do it
again.

Shah
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ifolder only synchronises on login

,
> Perfectly. This is why I am completely puzzled by it. Just had to do it
> again.
>

Must be something on that PC then. Tried wiping the local profile?

- Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
NSC Volunteer Sysop
Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell does not monitor these forums officially.
Enhancement requests for all Novell products may be made at
http://support.novell.com/enhancement

Using VA 5.51 build 315 on Windows 2000 build 2195

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ifolder only synchronises on login - Solved

> Must be something on that PC then. Tried wiping the local profile?

I did, and it made no difference.

HOWEVER, the only thing that was different about this installation (because
it was a newly installed computer) was the fact that my Docs directory, in
which the ifolder directory was located, is actually a separate partition,
mounted as a directory on my C: drive. So I tried moving moving the
ifolder directory directly onto C: and it works fine now.

So, in addition to ifolder not working on network drives, it also doesn't
support mounted drives/partitions mounted as directories.

You learn something new every day!

Shah
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ifolder only synchronises on login - Solved

,
> So, in addition to ifolder not working on network drives, it also doesn't
> support mounted drives/partitions mounted as directories.
>

Ah. Never tried that. Good to know.

- Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
NSC Volunteer Sysop
Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell does not monitor these forums officially.
Enhancement requests for all Novell products may be made at
http://support.novell.com/enhancement

Using VA 5.51 build 315 on Windows 2000 build 2195

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ifolder only synchronises on login - Solved

Thanks for letting us know. Too bad iFolder is so limited in this way.

s.yussof@unsw.edu.au wrote:
>>Must be something on that PC then. Tried wiping the local profile?

>
>
> I did, and it made no difference.
>
> HOWEVER, the only thing that was different about this installation (because
> it was a newly installed computer) was the fact that my Docs directory, in
> which the ifolder directory was located, is actually a separate partition,
> mounted as a directory on my C: drive. So I tried moving moving the
> ifolder directory directly onto C: and it works fine now.
>
> So, in addition to ifolder not working on network drives, it also doesn't
> support mounted drives/partitions mounted as directories.
>
> You learn something new every day!
>
> Shah

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.