Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
bhrt60 Absent Member.
Absent Member.
2148 views

is there a Supported NTFS Read/Write support for SLES

SLES 11 or 12 - is there a Supported NTFS Read/Write support ?

Alternatively, one that works but causes no problems !
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: is there a Supported NTFS Read/Write support for SLES

On 08/01/2016 07:16, bhrt60 wrote:

> SLES 11 or 12 - is there a Supported NTFS Read/Write support ?


If you're asking about plain SLES then you should post in the SUSE
Forums @ https://forums.suse.com/

> Alternatively, one that works but causes no problems !


I've had success with NTFS-3g on openSUSE Linux, not had a need to try
it on SUSE Linux Enterprise.

HTH.
--
Simon
Micro Focus (Novell/NetIQ) Knowledge Partner

------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
please show your appreciation and click on the star below. Thanks.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: is there a Supported NTFS Read/Write support for SLES

smflood;2416048 wrote:
...I've had success with NTFS-3g on openSUSE Linux, not had a need to try
it on SUSE Linux Enterprise.


I've also have the ntfs-3g package installed on some SLES servers, just for portability reasons (e.g. being able to connect NTFS formated USB media).
You can find the packages on the SLES SDK media - at least for SLES 11, but there is no official support for using it on production systems AFAIK.


Cheers,
Willem
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: is there a Supported NTFS Read/Write support for SLES

On Sun, 10 Jan 2016 14:26:02 GMT, magic31
<magic31@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com> wrote:

>
> smflood;2416048 Wrote:
> > ...I've had success with NTFS-3g on openSUSE Linux, not had a need to
> > try
> > it on SUSE Linux Enterprise.

>
> I've also have the ntfs-3g package installed on some SLES servers, just
> for portability reasons (e.g. being able to connect NTFS formated USB
> media).
> You can find the packages on the SLES SDK media - at least for SLES 11,
> but there is no official support for using it on production systems
> AFAIK.


One click installers available:
http://software.opensuse.org/package/ntfs-3g

click on other versions for sle-11sp3 unstable packages

100% unsupported.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.