Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
tpr520 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

large iscsi target for mirroring

Does a large LUN take longer to connect to? I created a large (1.7 TB) target on an EQ san and connected my NW 6.5 sp8 server to it. Running iscsinit info at the console, it showed the connection but I didn't get the little green status light in the properties in RM after letting it try for awhile. I tried to disconnect, which abended the server.

If it does typically take a long time, is that every time it has to connect (like after a reboot), or just the initial time. I can create smaller luns if I need to, but I was hoping for the easier management of one lun.

By the way, I have already performed mirroring on a small volume with all the same equipment without any problem.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
tpr520 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: large iscsi target for mirroring

Any ideas on this? I tested a connection to a small LUN again with no problem. I blew away the 1.7 TB LUN and created a new one 900 GB. I added the new target through RM, but I still don't get the green status icon that shows it's healthy (like I get with smaller LUNs). The status icon looks like a diamond with the bottom half filled in. That's what it looked like yesterday before it started to give me trouble. I'm going to just let it ride like this for now, but if anyone out there has info, I'd love to hear it. Thanks.
0 Likes
tpr520 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

While the large lun was still connected, I connected to the smaller lun. No problem on the small one. In the log, I see iscsi loginresponses=1 for the small one, and iscsi loginresponses=0 for the big one. I checked the EQ manager throughout and see no difference in the configuration of the 2 volumes apart from the size.
0 Likes
tpr520 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

D'oh! Discovered a setting on the target to allow connections from initiators with different iqn names. Somehow set for the volume that worked, but not the one that didn't. Go figure.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.