Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
geraldclerc Absent Member.
Absent Member.

migfile problems

Hello everyone

I have problems with migfile.
First I cannot connect to the source Server with the GUI (NW 6.0).
It works on the command line.
The second problem is that I need to sync two servers (NW 6.0 - oes2) every one sunday.
Hope somebody can help me.

Thanks
Gerald
Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: migfile problems

Given that NW 6.0 isn't supported, the only thing I can think of is to make sure your TSA code is the most recent that it can be.

Otherwise either upgrade to NW 6.5 via in-place upgrade and then patch/try it

Or just use the migfiles commands. I believe the CLI can be scripted to "sync" the data.

Otherwise you could TRY using rsync on the OES2 server to "pull" in the files, but i don't know if the rsync.nlm stuff ever worked on NW 6.0. Not to mention it's totally unsupported either (I HAVE used it on NW 6.5 and ran into a few problems with long files names, funky characters, etc. )
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: migfile problems

What is the error you get from the UI? The migration.log may have more details on why its failing...

Oza

>>> On 4/7/2011 at 11:36 AM, in message

<geraldclerc.4rt8o0@no-mx.forums.novell.com>,
geraldclerc<geraldclerc@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone
>
> I have problems with migfile.
> First I cannot connect to the source Server with the GUI (NW 6.0).
> It works on the command line.
> The second problem is that I need to sync two servers (NW 6.0 - oes2)
> every one sunday.
> Hope somebody can help me.
>
> Thanks
> Gerald

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.