Highlighted
sisml Absent Member.
Absent Member.

miggui and iPrint...

Hello,

I'm testing the migration of iPrint from a Netware cluster to an OES2 SP3 one. All our printer agents are secure (ACLs are defined).
When miggui creates an iPrintPrinter object in eDir as part of the migration, the ACLs aren't carried over from the NDPS_Printer object. No users, operators or managers are listed when the queue is viewed in iManager.

Is this acting as designed, or should privileges be carried across?

Thanks in advance,

Matt
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
sisml Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: miggui and iPrint...

Digging a bit further into this I see that the psminfo.xml file created on the Netware server doesn't have any information relating to ACLs in it, and there are lots of errors along the lines of "Error: DS Object not found:PRINTERNAME.OU.O" in the psminfo.log file.
I found a similar thread from a chap on this forum, who resolved this by getting an updated psminfo.nlm from Novell, but the version he received is older than the one we're currently running.

Any advice gratefully received,

Matt
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.