Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

n65nss4b.exe and BackupEXEC

After installing n65nss4b.exe on my NW 6.5 OES SP4 servers, BackupExec 9.0 and 9.1 will NOT LOAD. In fact, it will abend the servers. How can I "uninstall" this patch the quickest and easiest way since there is no uninstall.

Bill
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Absent Member.

n65nss4b.exe and BackupEXEC

If you installed with NWConfig, you'll find the old files backed up on the
C: partition under a folder called !backup.nss. This folder will be under
the NWServer folder. Copy these files back to where they should be.

The two folders in !backup.nss are nwserver and system. Copy the contents
of nwserver to C:\nwserver. Copy the contents of sytem to sys:\system.

Restart the server to make sure it all takes.

> After installing n65nss4b.exe on my NW 6.5 OES SP4 servers, BackupExec =
> 9.0 and 9.1 will NOT LOAD. In fact, it will abend the servers. How can I =
> "uninstall" this patch the quickest and easiest way since there is no =
> uninstall.
>
> Bill
>

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Re: n65nss4b.exe and BackupEXEC

Doesn't surprise me that BE 9.0 won't work - -never formally supported
on 6.5.

Regarding BE 9.1 -- do you have the latest build there?

--
Barry Schnur
Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Re: n65nss4b.exe and BackupEXEC

I have installed this patch on my testservers. The Backup-Agent 9.10 from 8th October 2004 works!

"Bill Swisher" <Bill.Swisher@Thomasmore.edu> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:43578D5E.9A80.0047.3@Thomasmore.edu...
After installing n65nss4b.exe on my NW 6.5 OES SP4 servers, BackupExec 9.0 and 9.1 will NOT LOAD. In fact, it will abend the servers. How can I "uninstall" this patch the quickest and easiest way since there is no uninstall.

Bill
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.