Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

nds-imonitor crashes ndsd on remote server

Jump to solution

I had this now at least 3 times. I open nds imonitor on an OES 2018SP2 server and open an edirectory object like a server or somthing else. If I then try to change the replica to a replica on another server as the one on which nds-imonitor is running, ndsd on the server holding the replica I tried to change to, crashes with status 11/SEGV.

Has this anybody seen, too?

My current workaround is to open nds-imonitor on the server with the replica i want to see in another window/tab. Not a big issue, but quite annoying, expecially if I had a big server farm and many people, who are  able to access https://server-ip:8030.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

There's a PTF available by now. Just reference Bug 1172571.

If you like it: like it.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

@Prindl 

I've not heard of this before so I checked with our eDir support folks.  The 2nd level support has always directed that a new iMonitor instance should be opened for / on each eDirectory server, as per your "workaround". Technically, the workaround is the directed method.

Pam

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

But, if this issue is a known one, it would be a good idea to remove the links, which induce a crash of ndsd on the other server, to avoid crashing ndsd.

In my small environment, this is no problem, because everybody, who opened nds-imonitor without my permission, has a high risk of getting fired, so this simply does not happen. But in another environment, that could easily lead to not responding edirectory-servers, which is not a good situation.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Tech support is currently looking into the matter. Your point is well taken!

_____
Kevin Boyle - Knowledge Partner - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Who are the Knowledge Partners?
If you appreciate my comments, please click the Like button.
If I have resolved your issue, please click the Accept as Solution button.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

I'd recommend to unload iMonitor on OES2018SP2 for the time being via the host console or

ndstrace -c "unload imon"

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

@Prindl 

In order to add weight to the defect, I have created an SR for you and assigned it to the technician that I was working with on Thursday.  He will keep the SR open for a couple of days and then close it.  You will be notified when a fix is available.

Pam

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Is this fixed ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Not yet. The underlying issue has been identified, though. So we can expect a fix rather sooner than later.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

There's a PTF available by now. Just reference Bug 1172571.

View solution in original post

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.