Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Captain
Captain

ndsd on OES2018SP2 DSfW server is eating memory much quicker than before

I just saw in my monitoring of memory consumption, that ndsd on the DSfW server unter OES2018SP2 is eating memory at a rate of 80 MB/day, whereas it used to be around 30MB/day in OES2018SP1 times.

On DSfW servers I am already accustomed to see memory consumption steadily growing, but this higher rate is a new "feature".

On the other Edirectory servers in the same tree without DSfW memory consumption is stable and low.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Yeah, it seems we see the same here. That might also be related to the slowing down logins after the DSfW servers have been up for a few days and so far I just did a reboot about every 2 weeks.

Did yo already open a SR?

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Please do log an SR.

Thanks

Tarik

0 Likes
Captain
Captain

No, I did not open a SR yet. I'll probably do it, if I have enough time to look deeper into the issue. At the moment I just reboot the server more often than before.

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

@Prindl wrote:

No, I did not open a SR yet. I'll probably do it, if I have enough time to look deeper into the issue. At the moment I just reboot the server more often than before.

Memory leaks are a pain. While a more frequent reboot may be an acceptable workaround for you, it is not a solution. An issue like this is likely to impact everyone to some degree and the cause is unlikely to be determined with out help from Micro Focus.

By opening an SR you will be helping all of us!

_____
Kevin Boyle - Knowledge Partner - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Who are the Knowledge Partners?
If you appreciate my comments, please click the Like button.
If I have resolved your issue, please click the Accept as Solution button.
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Indeed.
Rebooting a server more than what is necessary is not really practical.
Please log an SR and let us know the number.

Thanks
Tarik
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.