dxw Contributor.
Contributor.

nici

I uninstalled novell client many years ago amd have seem im a cenworks inventory that nici 2.7 is still insralled. It is not in add/eemove programs. how do I remove it manually?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: nici

dxw;2488528 wrote:
I uninstalled novell client many years ago amd have seem im a cenworks inventory that nici 2.7 is still insralled. It is not in add/eemove programs. how do I remove it manually?

Have you enabeled ZENworks inventory purging?

https://www.novell.com/documentation/zenworks-2017-update-3/zen_inventory_wrkflw_purging/data/zen_inventory_wrkflw_purging.html

Thomas
0 Likes
dxw Contributor.
Contributor.

looked today and the purge settings are already set. I found on one of the machines that there are files in the c:\windows\syswow64\novell there is a mici folder. should I delete it?
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

dxw;2488851 wrote:
looked today and the purge settings are already set. I found on one of the machines that there are files in the c:\windows\syswow64\novell there is a mici folder. should I delete it?

You can always try, my guess is that you need to boot into "Safe-Mode" to be able to delete it.

Thomas
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.