Highlighted
hwoess Absent Member.
Absent Member.

nlvm move command, pool size

Hello to the community!

I currently have a big problem in migration to a new storage. I'm using a 4node cluster with oes11sp1 (sles11 sp2). I want to use the nlvm command for migration, which works perfect for most of all volumes/pools. But with one pool I had a problem. The problem began years before; the guy who was the master-support-guy for novell here at our company (at netware times). He created 6 Lun's at the storage with 10 TB (2, 2, 1, 0.8, 2, 2.2). But - as we know - nss only supports 8 TB. So the Luns are bigger than the pool or volume. If I try now to migrate with "nlvm move Poolname device=LUN_New_storage size=8t" I got the answer: Error 23316: List total size was smaller than pool size. The Lun on the new storage had 8 TB, initialized with GPT. If I try to extend the Lun size on the new storage to the same size that it had on the old storage, I got the same error. How could I solve this problem? The volume also had a DST-volume, which I moved with no problem.

Please help!

Hans-Christian
Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.