Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

nssmu

I've just installed my first OES11 server, running on a vmware virtual server. I've now tried adding another disk, running rescan-scsi-bus.sh make it appear in the list of devices using nssmu, however I can not add pools or volumes using nssmu, I press the INS key but nothing happens. I can create pools and volumes quite happily using imanager but I've always prefered nssmu for it's simplicity and speed.

Am I missing something, can't nssmu be used anymore?

Many Thanks

Paul
Labels (2)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Did you try INIT first?

--El

paul_delany;2196576 wrote:
I've just installed my first OES11 server, running on a vmware virtual server. I've now tried adding another disk, running rescan-scsi-bus.sh make it appear in the list of devices using nssmu, however I can not add pools or volumes using nssmu, I press the INS key but nothing happens. I can create pools and volumes quite happily using imanager but I've always prefered nssmu for it's simplicity and speed.

Am I missing something, can't nssmu be used anymore?

Many Thanks

Paul

El LaGrew elbert.lagrew#katun.com elagrew on twitter
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yes I've initialised the drive, even now having set them all up in Imanager I can't use the INS, the DEL key and all others work fine.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Works fine for me on my test OES11 server. My NSSMU is version 4.14a build 4018 , not that that should make a difference.

Also ... have you checked whether your INS key is actually working?

Andrew C Taubman (Sorry, support is not provided via e-mail) Opinions expressed above are not necessarily those of Micro Focus.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

paul_delany;2196606 wrote:
Yes I've initialised the drive, even now having set them all up in Imanager I can't use the INS, the DEL key and all others work fine.

How are you running nssmu? On a console directly the server itself or via VNC or other remote tool?

Cheers,
Willem
0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Had the same problem, it doesn´t do anything but go back to the empty pool-overview.

The problem only happens, when doing this via Putty, on the serverterminal directly i had no problem anymore!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Ronnenberg;2254961 wrote:
Had the same problem, it doesn´t do anything but go back to the empty pool-overview.

The problem only happens, when doing this via Putty, on the serverterminal directly i had no problem anymore!

Yes, this is due to the default funtionkey setting in Putty: that sends an ESC[function] instead of the needed F3. Just change the setting to VT100+/Linux mode (within the keyboard settings) and it should work again. The right mode depends on which key you need (VT100 lets the F1 to F5 work correctly, Linux mode does the other bits IIRC... never checked that exactly)

Cheers,
Willem
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.