Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

op-lock

I'm getting a "Station tomed out waiting for an op-lock on file xx..xx held by station xx" error message which occures every 30 second while trying to access the file.
I tried turning off Client File Caching and Level 2 op-lock, as well as turning off File Caching on the client advance settings. All at the smae time.
This did not work.
I've tried to restore the file from backup. When the restore procedure hits the file the above message started again. Ant the back up ends with error.

What should I do next?
Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

You must have done somthing wrong in the way you turned off client caching and level 2 oplocks on the server. Check those settings again. I bet they are still on. I suggest you check your server's autoexec.ncf to see if it doesn't include set commands to turn these options to on.
Also remeber that those settings only work on new connections and not on existing connections. So the safest way to make sure the settings are active for all clients is to reboot the server.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

hoverman;1668935 wrote:
I'm getting a "Station tomed out waiting for an op-lock on file xx..xx held by station xx" error message which occures every 30 second while trying to access the file.
I tried turning off Client File Caching and Level 2 op-lock, as well as turning off File Caching on the client advance settings. All at the smae time.
This did not work.
I've tried to restore the file from backup. When the restore procedure hits the file the above message started again. Ant the back up ends with error.

What should I do next?
Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Bryce, how did you turn off oplocks and client side file caching?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

reboot was the solution.
All's well that ends well, I suppose.
thanks
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.