Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.
2423 views

purge

Hey,

I do a purge on the server for a volume. After multiple purges there is is
still 30 GB prugeable. How can I free this?

Do I need to do a rebuild of the volume?

Urbain


Labels (2)
0 Likes
8 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: purge

Some additonal info:
Server = NW6.0 SP5

thx
Urbain

"Urbain Van Gucht" <urbain.vangucht@virgajesse.be> wrote in message
news:ejxTe.3967$Ej2.2515@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com...
> Hey,
>
> I do a purge on the server for a volume. After multiple purges there is is
> still 30 GB prugeable. How can I free this?
>
> Do I need to do a rebuild of the volume?
>
> Urbain
>
>



0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: purge

Apply nw6nss5c, then do an nss /poolrebuild /purge against the affected
pools. Make sure you have tested backups first, just in case.
--
Andrew C Taubman
Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp
http://support.novell.com/forums
(Sorry, support is not provided via e-mail)

Opinions expressed above are not
necessarily those of Novell Inc.
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: purge

Andrew,
allready thanks.

Any idea how long this could take? The volume is 110 GB and normally there
should be 40Gb free.

Urbain
"Andrew C Taubman" <ataubman.RemoveThisToMailMe@novell.AndThis.com> wrote in
message news:d1MTe.445$h61.411@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com...
> Apply nw6nss5c, then do an nss /poolrebuild /purge against the affected
> pools. Make sure you have tested backups first, just in case.
> --
> Andrew C Taubman
> Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp
> http://support.novell.com/forums
> (Sorry, support is not provided via e-mail)
>
> Opinions expressed above are not
> necessarily those of Novell Inc.



0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: purge

Andrew,

This is still "beta". I can not afford to apply a "beta" patch.

Urbain
"Andrew C Taubman" <ataubman.RemoveThisToMailMe@novell.AndThis.com> wrote in
message news:d1MTe.445$h61.411@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com...
> Apply nw6nss5c, then do an nss /poolrebuild /purge against the affected
> pools. Make sure you have tested backups first, just in case.
> --
> Andrew C Taubman
> Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp
> http://support.novell.com/forums
> (Sorry, support is not provided via e-mail)
>
> Opinions expressed above are not
> necessarily those of Novell Inc.



0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: purge

Hi!

J had the same problem just for some days ago... try to use Windows
Explorer - Choose a directory map - N Purge files- Purge Subdirectories

Best Regards

Electra

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: purge

If you're not willing to do what I suggest, then I guess you'll just
have to put up with the problem.
--
Andrew C Taubman
Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp
http://support.novell.com/forums
(Sorry, support is not provided via e-mail)

Opinions expressed above are not
necessarily those of Novell Inc.
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: purge

Andrew,

I was not trying to offend you, just checking if the nss update was really
needed. The management has some issues if they see the word "beta".

Thanks for the support you gave.

Urbain

"Andrew C Taubman" <ataubman.RemoveThisToMailMe@novell.AndThis.com> wrote in
message news:tJ7Ue.1705$h61.758@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com...
> If you're not willing to do what I suggest, then I guess you'll just have
> to put up with the problem.
> --
> Andrew C Taubman
> Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp
> http://support.novell.com/forums
> (Sorry, support is not provided via e-mail)
>
> Opinions expressed above are not
> necessarily those of Novell Inc.



0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: purge

With novell last several years beta means "working" versus release "test by your
self".
Unfortunately.
Normunds

Urbain Van Gucht wrote:

> Andrew,
>
> I was not trying to offend you, just checking if the nss update was really
> needed. The management has some issues if they see the word "beta".
>
> Thanks for the support you gave.
>
> Urbain
>
> "Andrew C Taubman" <ataubman.RemoveThisToMailMe@novell.AndThis.com> wrote in
> message news:tJ7Ue.1705$h61.758@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com...
> > If you're not willing to do what I suggest, then I guess you'll just have
> > to put up with the problem.
> > --
> > Andrew C Taubman
> > Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp
> > http://support.novell.com/forums
> > (Sorry, support is not provided via e-mail)
> >
> > Opinions expressed above are not
> > necessarily those of Novell Inc.


0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.