marvhuffaker Absent Member.
Absent Member.
5863 views

"An Account for this server already exists on the local ..."

Using iFolder on SLES10 SP1 + OES2.

One user cannot access ifolder (Windows client). (Had it working, but somehow it stopped working).

When trying to set it back up, they cannot login. It gives the error: "An Account for this server already exists on the local machine. Only one account per server is allowed."

I cannot get past this error, I have uninstalled/reinstalled, scrubbed registry, scrubbed file system. I removed all references to simias and ifolder. No matter what account/user I try to use on the system, it fails. Even when I login with a bogus user, I get the same error.

Any advice appreciated.

Marvin
Labels (1)
0 Likes
9 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: "An Account for this server already exists on the local ..."

Try going to the client account settings.
Edit/Accounts*

if there is an account remove it and make a new one

This happened to me and it helped.

DB
--
****************
DominicusB
Southern Finland
architect
Netware 6.5 sp7
GW 7.x


marvhuffaker wrote:

>
> Using iFolder on SLES10 SP1 + OES2.
>
> One user cannot access ifolder (Windows client). (Had it working, but
> somehow it stopped working).
>
> When trying to set it back up, they cannot login. It gives the error:
> *"An Account for this server already exists on the local machine. Only
> one account per server is allowed."*
>
> I cannot get past this error, I have uninstalled/reinstalled, scrubbed
> registry, scrubbed file system. I removed all references to simias
> and ifolder. No matter what account/user I try to use on the system,
> it fails. Even when I login with a bogus user, I get the same error.
>
> Any advice appreciated.
>
> Marvin

0 Likes
marvhuffaker Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: "An Account for this server already exists on the local

I wish it were that easy. Unfortunately, when I try to go into the accounts settting, it tries to run the New Account Wizard and I can't get around it.
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: "An Account for this server already exists on the local ..."

marvhuffaker wrote:

> Any advice appreciated.


Have you tried wiping .NET entirely and reinstalling .NET w/patches
before the iFolder install?

JB
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: "An Account for this server already exists on the local ..."

I can say that I have also had the same problem. But cleaning the registry
of all simias and ifolder references and all simias folders usually does the
trick. NOW FOR THE VENT. I had big plans on an ifolder roll out but I have
yet to get the client to install cleanly on a consistant basis. It really is
a piece of *()&)(*&.. Besides that I also have had users not syncing because
the user box had unchecked itself. Users not notified of being invited to
share a folder even though the folder is in thier list to download. Users
shares not showing up at all to the person being shared to. Sync error
notifications about restricted files even though the notification box is
unchecked. I have not had a very good experience with any 3.6.x clients.
Although 2.x was limited in functionality I sure did have a lot less
problems with it.

"Justin Baustert" <NOSPAM.justin.baustert@oag.ok.gov> wrote in message
news:nuFok.17447$g35.3912@kovat.provo.novell.com...
> marvhuffaker wrote:
>
>> Any advice appreciated.

>
> Have you tried wiping .NET entirely and reinstalling .NET w/patches before
> the iFolder install?
>
> JB



0 Likes
phxazcraig Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: "An Account for this server already exists on the local ..."

In article <lkktk.1926$gS5.968@kovat.provo.novell.com>, Ccps wrote:
> Although 2.x was limited in functionality I sure did have a lot less
> problems with it.
>

Unfortunately, my experience is similar - the iFolder 3.x clients are
not very good, while 2.1.8 is extremely stable and predictable. I'm
hoping for the client bugs to be fixed in the next version.

Craig Johnson
Novell Support Connection SysOp

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: "An Account for this server already exists on the local ..."

I am not so sure that any of this is getting back to the developers either.
When I mentioned a lot of these issues to the IFolder group at Brain Share
they looked at me like I must be in the minority. I also don't think one
side of Novell is talking to the other. For example I asked the Ifolder
group why there is no silent or unattended install. They felt that they had
to disply the Microsoft dot net Eula for legal reasons. And yet right around
the corner in the Zen 10 class they stated that they did not need to display
the Microsoft Eula agreement and that there would be a silent install. I am
also starting to wonder about the commitment from Novell to Ifolder.I think
they have everybody working on SLES and Zen 10. If you look at the open
source Ifolder website it has not been updated in ages.


"Craig Johnson" <craigsj@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
news:VA.00003fdb.0772262e@ix.netcom.com...
> In article <lkktk.1926$gS5.968@kovat.provo.novell.com>, Ccps wrote:
>> Although 2.x was limited in functionality I sure did have a lot less
>> problems with it.
>>

> Unfortunately, my experience is similar - the iFolder 3.x clients are
> not very good, while 2.1.8 is extremely stable and predictable. I'm
> hoping for the client bugs to be fixed in the next version.
>
> Craig Johnson
> Novell Support Connection SysOp
>



0 Likes
marvhuffaker Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: "An Account for this server already exists on the local

Well I solved this particular problem, found a hidden simias folder under the user profile, removed, then was able to connect.

However, I am completely unimpressed with iFolder 3.6. It is buggy, the client crashes, it has sync problems, and has been a complete nightmare trying to get data into it and synced correctly. I have resorted to moving all my ifolder data into network shares and only using ifolder for a minimum number of files. Otherwise I end up babysitting the files and trying to figure out if I am working with up to date files or not.

On a bright side, iFolder support still seems to be stateside and hasn't yet been outsourced.
0 Likes
phxazcraig Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: "An Account for this server already exists on the local ..."

Is iFolder 2 (on NetWare) an option for you? I find it to be quite
stable, particularly with Windows clients. Been using it for years.

Craig Johnson
Novell Support Connection SysOp

0 Likes
agorgis Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: "An Account for this server already exists on the local

marvhuffaker;1630149 wrote:
Well I solved this particular problem, found a hidden simias folder under the user profile, removed, then was able to connect.

However, I am completely unimpressed with iFolder 3.6. It is buggy, the client crashes, it has sync problems, and has been a complete nightmare trying to get data into it and synced correctly. I have resorted to moving all my ifolder data into network shares and only using ifolder for a minimum number of files. Otherwise I end up babysitting the files and trying to figure out if I am working with up to date files or not.

On a bright side, iFolder support still seems to be stateside and hasn't yet been outsourced.


Hi
I have the same problem but with SLED11sp2/OES11sp1 ifolder client 3.9.1.0. I cannot find any account to delete in order for me to connect to SLES10/OES2 ifolder and at the same time to SLED11sp2/OES11sp1. Here no registry to clean.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.