Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.
3071 views

reset slp

How to reset slp on oes server ?
On netware is SET SLP RESET=ON
Any advise.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: reset slp

On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 22:07:29 +0000, yeungs wrote:

Are you looking for a simple restart of the daemon, if so
you can as root just issue 'rcslpd restart'

I'm not aware of a special command to reregister running
services into SLP.


--
___________________________________________
Niclas Ekstedt, CNA/CNE/CNS/CLS
Network Consultant/NSC Sysop
InfraSystems Solutions AB

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: reset slp

> On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 22:07:29 +0000, yeungs wrote:
>


Yes. This is what I am looking for.
to stop slp 'rcslpd stop' Is that right ?

Where I can find the document to know more about slp command on oes
linux ?

Thanks for the reply, it helps.

> Are you looking for a simple restart of the daemon, if so
> you can as root just issue 'rcslpd restart'
>
> I'm not aware of a special command to reregister running
> services into SLP.
>
>
> --
> ___________________________________________
> Niclas Ekstedt, CNA/CNE/CNS/CLS
> Network Consultant/NSC Sysop
> InfraSystems Solutions AB
>


0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: reset slp

On Wed, 06 Sep 2006 16:43:18 +0000, yeungs wrote:

> Yes. This is what I am looking for.
> to stop slp 'rcslpd stop' Is that right ?


Correct. There's also a 'start' and a 'status' switch.
I think they don't need any more explanation 😉

> Where I can find the document to know more about slp command on oes linux


www.openslp.org is the best place I'm aware of.


--
___________________________________________
Niclas Ekstedt, CNA/CNE/CNS/CLS
Network Consultant/NSC Sysop
InfraSystems Solutions AB

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: reset slp

> Thanks Niclas.

On Wed, 06 Sep 2006 16:43:18 +0000, yeungs wrote:
>
> > Yes. This is what I am looking for.
> > to stop slp 'rcslpd stop' Is that right ?

>
> Correct. There's also a 'start' and a 'status' switch.
> I think they don't need any more explanation 😉
>
> > Where I can find the document to know more about slp command on oes

linux
>
> www.openslp.org is the best place I'm aware of.
>
>
> --
> ___________________________________________
> Niclas Ekstedt, CNA/CNE/CNS/CLS
> Network Consultant/NSC Sysop
> InfraSystems Solutions AB
>


0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.