Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.
1202 views

sys:\public still used?

NetWare 6.5 sp7. Is a SYS:\public mapping still necessary? I was
just looking through that folder and most files are over 10 years old.
Is anything in there still used?

Novell....it does a server good!
Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Peter3 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: sys:\public still used?

Varies on your "habit" - I still use NWAdmin once in a while ... and still
have some command-line tools installed there so they can be fired off in
the login script ..


--


Peter
eDirectory Rules!
http://www.DreamLAN.com
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: sys:\public still used?

KeN Etter wrote:

> NetWare 6.5 sp7. Is a SYS:\public mapping still necessary? I was
> just looking through that folder and most files are over 10 years old.
> Is anything in there still used?
>
> Novell....it does a server good!


For a user ? Probably not....

--
Cheers,
Edward
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: sys:\public still used?

On Sat, 25 Jul 2009 08:54:31 GMT, "Peter Kuo"
<Peter@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote:

>Varies on your "habit" - I still use NWAdmin once in a while ... and still
>have some command-line tools installed there so they can be fired off in
>the login script ..


Thanks for the info Peter!

Novell....it does a server good!
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: sys:\public still used?

On Sun, 26 Jul 2009 07:36:23 GMT, "Edward van der Maas"
<edmaa@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote:

>KeN Etter wrote:
>
>> NetWare 6.5 sp7. Is a SYS:\public mapping still necessary? I was
>> just looking through that folder and most files are over 10 years old.
>> Is anything in there still used?
>>
>> Novell....it does a server good!

>
>For a user ? Probably not....


Thanks for the info Edward!

Novell....it does a server good!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.