UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

zdm / rug keep failing

Hi all: thought I had this working well, but since the update to SLES10 SP4, rug keeps failing. Basically if I log into one of my servers and check for updates rug will hang. RCZMD stop fails so I am forced to kill the ZMD process and restart it. I am then able to update my server. Next time, say in a few days or weeks, I have to do the same thing all over. Very irritating.

Anyone seen this behavior? How did you resolve the problem?
Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

When ZMD cracks it on my servers, I normally just use the 'Online Update' through yast which seems to do the same job

I've always had all sorts of annoying issues with ZMD not working properly or consistently

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.