madhuca- Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Glance license issue

Hi ,

When I execute #glance I am getting below error.

license error :The entity is not licensed.license error :The entity is not licensed.

I read other forum and followed the below steps :

#/opt/OV/bin/oalicense -resolve  --> No problem in execution and it informed license was added.

Even after I got license issue when trying with glance command.

when i checked the license with below option :

#opt/OV/bin/oalicense -get -all

LICENSE NAME                                                    TYPE        ACTIVATION    EXPIRY        EXTN
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Glance Software LTU                                             EVALUATION  24/Oct/2013   22/Dec/2013   0

it shows license is expired,Do I need to contact HP for Activating license or any other work around for fixing it.

Regards

Madhu

Tags (1)
0 Likes
7 Replies
Account_Closed
Not applicable

Re: Glance license issue

what's the node platform you are running on?

if you are on hp-ux and you are one of the DC/MC/VS OE's, then running oalicense -resolve would be enough to enable glance.

for any other platform (as well as for HP-UX with none of the OE's above) you might need to run the oalicense command to 'set' the license, assuming you are holding a paper license entitling you to run glance.

# oalicense -set -type PERMANENT "Glance Software LTU"

- ramd

madhuca- Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Ramd

OS version : HP UX 11 i v3

OE : VS

Even after executing  oalicense -resolve , I am getting error.

Regards

Madhu

0 Likes
Account_Closed
Not applicable

you are entitled to a licwnse. so pl run the oalicense set command above and you should be ok.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

madhuca- Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Priya,

Thanks for the detailed information.

I read the KM.

when i see the license status for Glance its activation status is Evaluation.

# /opt/OV/bin/oalicense -get -all

LICENSE NAME                                                    TYPE        ACTIVATION    EXPIRY        EXTN

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HP Operations OS Inst Adv SW LTU                                EVALUATION  24/Oct/2013   22/Dec/2013   0

Glance Software LTU                                                          EVALUATION  24/Oct/2013   22/Dec/2013   0

HP Ops OS Inst to Realtime Inst LTU                             EVALUATION  24/Oct/2013   22/Dec/2013   0

HP Operations OS Inst Adv SW LTU                                PERMANENT   20/Aug/2014   N/A           N/A

Can I run # /opt/OV/bin/oalicense -set -type PERMANENT "HP Glance OS Instance LTU" to activate the License.

How can i check if the server has valid license.To whom I have to check.

#swlist | grep -i oe

HPUX11i-VSE-OE                                        B.11.31.0903   HP-UX Virtual Server Operating Environment

0 Likes
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Hi Madhu,

Please run

-  /opt/perf/bin/oalicense -set -type PERMANENT "Glance Software LTU"

-/opt/perf/bin/oalicense -resolve

-/opt/perf/bin/oalicense -check GP

If it fails, you might see the error like bellow:

To resolve the "ERROR : license error :The entity is not licensed." run the following
    command to apply the permanent license:

Regardless oalicense -get -all looks OK but -check fails , t
his caused by lincense binary cache file that is corrupted. Fine name is "reslic.dat". Resolution is to recreate.

# ls -al /var/opt/OV/datafiles/sec/lic/
   -rw-r--r--  1 root  sys 1235 May 30  2013 lic.dat
   -rw-r--r--  1 root  sys  155 May 30  2013 reslic.dat

#mv /v
ar/opt/OV/datafiles/sec/lic/reslic.dat /var/opt/OV/datafiles/sec/lic/reslic_SAVED.dat
 # /opt/OV/bin/o
alicense –resolve 
 # chmod 644 /var/opt/OV/datafiles/sec/lic/reslic.dat
 #
 ls -al /var/opt/OV/datafiles/sec/lic/
   -rw-r--r--  1 root  sys 1235 May 30  2013 lic.dat
   -rw-r--r--  1 root  sys  155 May 30  2013 reslic_SAVE.dat

-rw-r--r--  1 root  sys  155 Sep 11  2013 reslic.dat

Now, run “oalicense –check GP” again. If output is “Success”, then you should  be able to launch glance without any issue

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.