Highlighted
Aest Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Java Plug-in requirements

Jump to solution
Hello

In my system which has OVPM C.05.00.016, I have Java 2 Runtime Environment, SE v1.4.2_07. I plan to upgrade to 1.5.0.

I am concerned if this will affect the OVPM though I can see that OVPM has their own jre bundled and so both 1.4.x and 1.5.0 can co-exist.

Can somebody confirm by installing 1.5.0 in the OVPM system will/ will not affect the operations of OVPM?

Cheers!
There is nothing impossibe!
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mike_ Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Java Plug-in requirements

Jump to solution
Yes you are correct.

Most openview products come with their own versions of java. I'd never recommend changing this version. However all OpenView products OVPM included install java within their own directory structure (e.g. /opt/ovpm ).

So upgrading Java on your system (/usr/local/bin, i.e. not the OVPM java) will not cause problems.

However you need to ensure that your environment when using OVPM does not overwrite JAVA_HOME, or CLASS_PATH required by OVPM.

m

0 Likes
2 Replies
mike_ Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Yes you are correct.

Most openview products come with their own versions of java. I'd never recommend changing this version. However all OpenView products OVPM included install java within their own directory structure (e.g. /opt/ovpm ).

So upgrading Java on your system (/usr/local/bin, i.e. not the OVPM java) will not cause problems.

However you need to ensure that your environment when using OVPM does not overwrite JAVA_HOME, or CLASS_PATH required by OVPM.

m

0 Likes
Aest Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Got Info, thanks to Mike,

Cheers!
There is nothing impossibe!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.