Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
XMO Absent Member.
Absent Member.

OVPA 4.6: New Install errors

Jump to solution
I just installed OVPA 4.6 on a W2K3 server and get the following after installation and running "opcagt" commands:

VPO Managed Node status :
-------------------------
Control Agent opcctla (2544) is running
Message Agent opcmsga (1104) is running
BBC Local Location Broker llbserver (4052) is running
Subagent 1:
Action Agent opcacta (2724) is running
Subagent 12:
Performance Agent coda (3924) is running

Error getting OvCore ID.
Service: Error during startup of HP VPO Agent Service. (OpC30-1174)
Error getting OvCore ID.
Service: Error during startup of HP VPO Agent Service. (OpC30-1174)

Any ideas on this error?

Points given.

Thanks.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
whiteknight Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: OVPA 4.6: New Install errors

Jump to solution
XMO,

This error can be caused by the integration of OVPA, formerly known as MeasureWare(mwa), version C.04.50 (4.5 or later) on a system running OVO DCE agent.

If OVPA is configured for HTTPS communications, it will conflict with the OVO DCE agent. OVPA will communicate via HTTPS or DCE but only supports HTTP-based communications when integrated with OVO 8.x HTTPS agent.

For OVO 7.x, you must configure OVPA to use DCE or NCS. Refer to Chapter 2 of the HP Openview Performance Agent Installation and Configuration Guide for Windows for more details.

WK
please assign points
Problem never ends, you must know how to fix it
5 Replies
Glenn S. Davids Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
This might be kind of a dumb question but have you tried just killing the agent and restarting it?

opcagt -kill
opcagt -start

I have 4.6 installed on 6 or 7 2003 servers. I pushed them from my management server after I got the agent installed. Figured that would be the easiest.
Conformity Destroys a mans initiative and independence. It supresses his powerful inner drive to do his own thing.
0 Likes
XMO Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Glenn,

Yes. I have kiiled the agent and restartedm the agent as you mentioned.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
0 Likes
Glenn S. Davids Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Did you get any errors when you installed it? If you did can you post them?

Are there any other errors that you can find?
Conformity Destroys a mans initiative and independence. It supresses his powerful inner drive to do his own thing.
whiteknight Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
XMO,

This error can be caused by the integration of OVPA, formerly known as MeasureWare(mwa), version C.04.50 (4.5 or later) on a system running OVO DCE agent.

If OVPA is configured for HTTPS communications, it will conflict with the OVO DCE agent. OVPA will communicate via HTTPS or DCE but only supports HTTP-based communications when integrated with OVO 8.x HTTPS agent.

For OVO 7.x, you must configure OVPA to use DCE or NCS. Refer to Chapter 2 of the HP Openview Performance Agent Installation and Configuration Guide for Windows for more details.

WK
please assign points
Problem never ends, you must know how to fix it
Established Member.. Sebastian YEPES
Established Member..

Jump to solution
To solve this issue you need to uninstall both agents and install them in the following order:
1 - OVOA
2 - OVPA

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.