Absent Member.. Netcon Absent Member..
Absent Member..

OVPI System Availability Report

Hi All

I've OVPI running on Windows with System Resource report pack installed.

It is stated in the System Availabilty Report that "System Up time" is calculated based on the amount of time that the system's agent was running.

I tried to verify the accuracy of the availability report by shutting down the OVO agent on 1 of my managed nodes for more than a day(i've no OVPA). I noticed that the "down time" for that node remains at 0 and "up time" remains at 100.

How does OVPI calculate the "down time" of a node? Which agent is it using to determine if a system is up/down?

Thanks in advance.

?
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Jov Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: OVPI System Availability Report

CODA gets sysytem uptime from the OS.

J
0 Likes
Nick Paine Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: OVPI System Availability Report

PI will use whichever agent is available on your node - OVOA or OVPA.

It calculates up/downtime from "interval". Interval is taken from the metrics GBL_CPU_TOTAL_TIME + GBL_CPU_IDLE_TIME. If this does not equal the time between the samples (delta_time), then PI uses either GBL_SYSTEM_UPTIME_SECONDS or GBL_BOOT_TIME - whichever is available and sets the INTERVAL based on these if the system has restarted within the delta_time. (This calculation is done in the SR_Populate_p procedure.

You will not see any downtime recorded until you start up the ovo agent and start collecting from it again - as only then will PI have some data to work with.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.