TeanaLin Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Unable to lock, OVPI error

Jump to solution
Working environment, Solaris 10, OVPI 5.3.1 with Sybase installed.
I had done with 60 nodes traffic on the OVPI reporting.
Now I try to add some new SNMP-enable devices on this OVPI. I use mw_collect -i 60 -K 1 -n -d 5 command. Then I found some errors in trend.log file.
--------------------
2009-05-25 01:03:49:000, CST,+08:00, trendpm,, ERROR,7307,6296,0,"SQLSTATE='S1000', NATIVE Error =20003, '[DataDirect][ODBC Sybase Wire Protocol driver][SQL Server]Unable to lock the object 'x_IRifEntryTOR_IRifEntry34_p'.'"
2009-05-25 01:03:50:000, CST, +08:00, trendpm,, ERROR, 7309,6296, 0, "SQLSTATE='S1000', NATIVE Error =20003, '[DataDirect][ODBC Sybase Wire Protocol driver] [SQL Server]Unable to lock the object 'x_IRifEntryTOR_IRifEntry34_p'.'"
2009-05-25 01:03:50:000, CST, +08:00, dpipe_pa,, INFO, 7044, 6407, 777, "host, Gathered 0.02 records per second (2 records in 126.4 seconds)"
2009-05-25 01:03:50:000, CST,+08:00, mw_collect,, I NFO,6407,6406,0, "The lastPoll got from host is 1243180800
"
----------------------
I found the OVPI never update the KIRDevice table and KIRDevPorts table, so I never see any report from thos nodes.
ksi_managed_node with flag =0 after polling.

K_IFEntry_Disc table covers all those nodes's interfaces.

ALl EX_xxx tables don't include any those devices entry. Although those device just add then delete from piadmin tools with permanent options. I clean up all entry in Ex_xxx tables.

How to fix it?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
John_D Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Unable to lock, OVPI error

Jump to solution
is this issues is on production or test?.
once u stop the services data collection will stop. So if u decided to stop the service then

first stop the service
wait for some time .
then delete the .lck and out from tmp.mostly u dont see any file there.
in the bd if there is any data in the dsi_locks its should be empty now. if it shows data for the tables u are getting the errors then delete it.

restart the service and check.

View solution in original post

18 Replies
John_D Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
check if there is any long pending MW,db_delete process. if you find some kill it.Then check $DPIPE_HOME/tmp for corresponding loc files and delte that too.
alos query the dsi_locks table and see there are many tables in the list

Let me know

TeanaLin Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
>> check if there is any long pending MW,db_delete process. if you find some kill it.Then check $DPIPE_HOME/tmp for corresponding loc files and delte that too.
alos query the dsi_locks table and see there are many tables in the list

Can you tell more details about this,
1. pending MW
2. db_delete process
3. files in tmp/

Thanks.

0 Likes
John_D Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
hi,
let me know what kind of information you are looking for
TeanaLin Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Now I take a action as below
1. delete all *.lck and *.out files in tmp/
2. delete all data in dsi_locks in Sybase
3. rename /etc/rc3.d/S99ovpi_timer to s99ovpi_timer_old
4. reboot the system
5. now execute with command, mw_collect -i 60 -n 1 -d 5, and mw_collect -i 15 -n 1 -d 5,
the same error results as unable to lock the store procedure. I found two records, x_IRifentry_upld2 and x_ifentry_disc_upld2, always shown in dsi_locks table.

I still wait for update the interfaces of those host in table, KIRDevPorts. Without this data in KIRDevPorts, I can't get report for those hosts.

Those hosts I just add-then-delete-then-add for some reasons. If I add new-host. It is just fine for get report from this new-host.

How to fix it?
0 Likes
John_D Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
is this issues is on production or test?.
once u stop the services data collection will stop. So if u decided to stop the service then

first stop the service
wait for some time .
then delete the .lck and out from tmp.mostly u dont see any file there.
in the bd if there is any data in the dsi_locks its should be empty now. if it shows data for the tables u are getting the errors then delete it.

restart the service and check.

View solution in original post

TeanaLin Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
It is a production environment in a TELCO comapny.

The problem is still here over 6 weeks. The error message is not clear for my reading. Can NOT fix it.

Add a new node is a very simple method in OVPI or in software production, but OVPI always keeps a compicated method.

I call HP RC for support over 4 weeks and got nothing.

What's doing in the x_IRifEntryTOR_IRifEntry34_P? Found all interfaces information in device and insert into KIRDevPorts table and KIRDevice is a very simple program, I can't know who lock
who?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Jov Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Hi,

>> I clean up all entry in Ex_xxx tables.

Can you elaborate how you carried out the above?

Jov
TeanaLin Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
I use Sybase management tool to see each data in all prefix name with Ex_ table, Ex_IRDevPorts, Ex_IRDevice, Ex_managed_node...

I think maybe some entry data in Ex_xxx will effect my polling desired devices.
0 Likes
Jov Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Basically it looks like this collection is running much much longer than it should or it has stalled, thus the next operation on these tables will not be able to access.

What you need to do is termin all trend_timer collection related to IRifXXXX and then run the command you have above ("mw_collect -i 60 -K 1 -n -d 5") again to verify its no longer locked.

Has the been much maintenance done on this System?

Jov

TeanaLin Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
I try to clean all dis_lcoks table last week. Rename tje file S99ovpi_timer to a s99ovpi_timer_file. So it will not start after the system reboot.

Then I did reboot and executed the mw_collect command and got the same error, unable to lock the stored procedure.

I will remove some schedule tasks in the trendtimer file next week, and see what's happen. I think all task are provided by OVPI. I mean I never add more tasks in this file. I had removed all threshold-related tasks and system resources tasks. Only running in Device Resource and Interface Resources tasks at this moment.
0 Likes
John_D Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
can you send me the output of

ps -eaf |grep trend
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.