OpenFusion RTOrb Java Edition
OpenFusion RTOrb Java Edition is Micro Focus's real-time CORBA-compliant ORB for the RTSJ. Based on international standards the architecture of OpenFusion RTOrb Java Edition is open, flexible and highly performant.
Based on Tried and Tested RT ORB Architecture
OpenFusion RTOrb Java Edition is based on a product core that has been tried and tested in demanding applications in both the military and commercial sectors.
Architecture Supports Full CORBA Operations
The OpenFusion RTOrb Java Edition architecture comprises not just minimumCORBA, as is the case with most real-time ORBs, but a fully capable, enterprise level ORB and, unlike many real-time ORBs, OpenFusion RTOrb Java Edition includes enterprise level functionality. This is a rarity in real-time ORBs, let alone one written in the Java language! It is therefore uniquely positioned to provide a single solution for different needs and uses, supporting both real-time and business applications in a single ORB.
Latest Platform Support
OpenFusion RTOrb Java Edition includes support for the new Java Real-Time System platform from Sun Microsystems on the Solaris Operating System.
OpenFusion RTOrb Java Edition builds on Micro Focus’s strong heritage of providing highly performant ORBs. The product has been optimized by Micro Focus CORBA experts so that users can fully benefit from its high performance architecture.
OpenFusion RTOrb Java Edition is supported on a number of leading operating systems and JVMs including:
- Operating Systems: Solaris 10; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4
- JVMs: JDK 1.5, 1.6
- Real-Time JVMs: Sun Java Real-Time System v1.0; IBM WebSphere(R) Real Time
Summary: The OpenFusion RTOrb Java Edition Advantage
Amongst the key features of OpenFusion RTOrb Java Edition are:
- CORBA 3.0 ORB,
- RT CORBA v1.2 support on a RTSJ compliant JVM with low jitter comparable to that obtained with C or C++ applications,
- CORBA Object Services– bundled Naming Service,
- Java language bindings based on the OMG’s IDL to Java language mapping specification,
- Full POA implementation,
- Multithreaded support,
- Comprehensive Portable Interceptor support,
- Support for ValueTypes,
- Request Timeouts from the CORBA Messaging specification,
- Extensible Transport Framework (ETF)
Visit OpenFusion RTOrb Java Edition web page