Running JacORB ME against a standard JVM

Running JacORB ME without IBM J9 CVM

Running JacORB ME without Oracle CVM

Environment

JacORB ME 2.3.1

All supported platforms and compilers

Question/Problem Description

How to run JacORB ME 2.3.1 against a standard JVM

JacORB ME releases are designed to be used with a CVM (Connected Device Configuration Virtual Machine), either the Oracle CVM or the IBM J9 CVM. However, it is possible to modify a JacORB ME installation to work with a standard JVM instead.

This article describes how to run JacORB ME 2.3.1 against a standard JVM.

Resolution

To enable JacORB ME 2.3.1 to run on a standard JVM, the "jaco" and "idl" scripts must be modified. These scripts are in the "bin" directory of the installation and the change needed is the same for both scripts.

In each script, change the "RESOLVED_JAVA_CMD" line to refer to the correct executable. For example, with an Oracle CVM JacORB ME release, the existing line will read:

RESOLVED_JAVA_CMD=cvm

Similarly, for an IBM J9 CVM JacORB ME release, the line will read:

RESOLVED_JAVA_CMD=j9

To run on a standard JVM, in both the "jaco" and "idl" scripts, change the line to read:

RESOLVED_JAVA_CMD=java

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2018-01-04 15:57
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.