Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Acclaimed Contributor.. Harald Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

device_vendor -> OpsAgent

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am streaming logfiles via OpsAgent. Since OBA requires some fields (includiing device_vendor) I wonder where I can see this field in OBA?

I have setup a syslog streaming from OpsAgent and can see the logs in OBA. I can also filter for the "device_vendor". But inside the details I cannot see the "device_vendor" attribute.

Can somebody clarify?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: device_vendor -> OpsAgent

Jump to solution

Sorry Harald this is not at all obvious from the OBA Search UI, but after you search for example for "text:*" there will be a "Fields" list panel shown on the left-hand side. In the upper-right corner of the Fields panel there is an icon that looks a little like 3 books; it is the "Fields Display" control. Click on it and you will be able to add fields which like device_vendor are hidden by default to the Visible Fields column. After you click OK then your Search UI will be refreshed with those columns now visible. You can also change around the ordering. The changes seem to be saved for the user for next time you login.

1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: device_vendor -> OpsAgent

Jump to solution

Sorry Harald this is not at all obvious from the OBA Search UI, but after you search for example for "text:*" there will be a "Fields" list panel shown on the left-hand side. In the upper-right corner of the Fields panel there is an icon that looks a little like 3 books; it is the "Fields Display" control. Click on it and you will be able to add fields which like device_vendor are hidden by default to the Visible Fields column. After you click OK then your Search UI will be refreshed with those columns now visible. You can also change around the ordering. The changes seem to be saved for the user for next time you login.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.