APM 9.50 - Review limitation in max char Filter Builder in Custom Query report

Idea ID 1669516

APM 9.50 - Review limitation in max char Filter Builder in Custom Query report

0 Votes

Goodmorning,

I use APM 9.50 on Windows Machine.

I have a number of Custom Query reports and each time I need to edit the query in Filter Builder the input is limited to 100 chars

This is VERY UNCONVENIENT, especially while filtering a list of location (using the 'in' clause), see image in attach.

It is very easy to outnumber 100chars while inputting a list of BPM locations, this number should be greatly increased.

Regards,

Roberto

4 Comments
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

valid request...

If you don't want to wait until it will be officially supported, you can edit: <GW>\HPBSM\AppServer\webapps\site.war\uicomponents\filters\js\FiltersTable.js,
then locate "ANDRow.prototype.createValuesInput = function(OrIndex,andIndex,selectedValue)" (line 963), then modify "inputEl.maxLength = 100;" to whatever value you want (line 971).

you just need to close browser so that new JS file will be used. make sure you make the change in all GWs.

Valued Contributor.. Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

@Asaf Shechter, brilliant idea! Thanks, it appears to be working as expected!

I think an increase for that value should be considered, a default of 100chars is truly very low for practical purposes.

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

Thanks Asaf, for suggesting the work around.

Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor
Status changed to: Archived

Moving this Idea to “Archived” status as it has been open for > 1 year and has not gathered broad customer interest.

NOTE: Archived ideas may be commented upon but cannot receive votes. Archived ideas may be re-opened based on community input.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.