Ability to download Active or Historical messages/events in OMi/OBM to CSV

Ability to download Active or Historical messages/events in OMi/OBM to CSV

Need the ability to export OMi events from Active or History based on a filter or view.
Don't want to use OBR just want to export to CSV via commandline or shell script.

Does this exist today?

End users want daily, weekly report of events generated for their area and for us to email the digest to them.
Used to do this with SQLPLUS and cron on OMU but not sure how on OBM/OMi

-Brandon

5 Comments
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: New Idea

Hi @UTBrandon ,

In OBM event browser, there is an option (2nd icon to the right of the event filter drop down) to export the event list, have you checked that?

Thanks & Regards,

Moderator, OpsB IdeaX

Outstanding Contributor.. Mohd_25 Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

@Mgoyal  There is a problem with that export option. If we export it  along with event description. And if description contains any kind of line breaks or "\n", entire CSV file is messed up. Its same on both HTML and classic event browser.

Customer always wished to have a direct copy paste options from the OBM Interface. ( Policy interface, Monitoring node interface etc ).

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi @Mohd_25 , lets not mix it up with other asks or issues. In the export option , you also have the excel format option and I'm not if your comment on line break holds true there. Also, if the issue is there, then i expect a support case on that. For your comment on copy-paste, I suggest you ask the customer to open a separate idea.

Thanks & Regards,

Moderator, OpsB IdeaX

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Already Offered

Hi Brandon (@UTBrandon ),

Please see my comment earlier, I think the existing export option should fulfill yoru requirement. IF there is something missing, please get back to us.

Thanks & Regards,

Moderator, OpsB IdeaX

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi @Mohd_25 , copy-paste from the event browser is already available.

Thanks & Regards,

Moderator, OpsB IdeaX

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.