Add the ability to create content packs to include roles and assignment - OBM/OMi 10.80/2019.05

Idea ID 2768796

Re: Add the ability to create content packs to include roles and assignment - OBM/OMi 10.80/2019.05

0 Votes

Reference Support Ticket: SD02627808
Title: Content pack (roles) does not work as expected
Service: OMi
Priority: 3
10.80 (2019.05) on Linux

Add the ability to create content packs to include roles and assignments, effectively allowing quicker replication between OBM environments. Currently while the content pack completes correctly, none of the users the role has been assigned to appear (actually - no users are present at all). This is very inconvenient as we have multiple servers to update at any given time and have to manually reenter the assigned users.

For further reference, below is the overview of the content pack creation:

Create a new content pack
I slide the User Roles folder into the right plane
All of the dependencies appear
I make sure I take a fresh copy of anything that says they are on another content pack
Anything that says it is part of another content pack, I select and use the arrow to include it anyway
Click finish

I then export the content pack
This step takes quite a while to complete
Much more time than any other content pack takes
Dependencies include
Dashboard Configurations
Event Categories
Tool Categories

2 Comments
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

In contrast to user roles the actual users and groups are very specific for an environment and therefore cannot be exported via content packs today. However the opr-user CLI allows to automate operations  like creation of users/groups/roles and corresponding assignments in OBM. Did you try this already?

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Needs Clarification

Please see the comment from Stefan, waiting for a response from the submitter... 

Thanks & Regards,

Mamta

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.