Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE

Allow Use of CI Attribute Filters in TBEC Rules

Allow Use of CI Attribute Filters in TBEC Rules

Brief Description:

There are a number of use cases where I would like to use TBEC rules but only allowing a topology pattern and ETI is too broad. For example if I want to create a pattern with CI types such running software or node I have no way of having the rule apply to only certain running software or only nodes with particular roles. I have other similar situations where I would like to correlate based on location but only for certain location types.

Right now my only option to filter what a TBEC rule applies to is to create a sub-CI type or a new ETI. This is not pratical so I end up having to hack something together with an EPI script to enrich the event and a stream based correlation. This is unfortunate since what I am trying to do is exactly what TBEC is design for but the lack of flexiblity filter CIs limits its usfulness.

Benefits / Value

The added flexibility will allow for greater use and adoption of TBEC.

Design details

Allow the TBEC rule to contain CI attribute (propertiy) filters much like you can when creating a TQL in the UCMDB.

1 Comment
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

Hi @khoffman ,

Thank you for submitting the idea with sufficient details.

Regards,

Moderator, OpsB IdeaX

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.