BPM has to support more current Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop versions for script replay.

Idea ID 1763714

BPM has to support more current Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop versions for script replay.

According to latest APM 9.50 System_Requirements doc, the BPM 9.50 supports the following Citrix version in order to replay Citrix scripts on the BPM. --------------- BPM/VuGen - Citrix Compatibility Matrix LoadRunner 12.55 / BPM 9.50 (Citrix ICA with Receiver for Windows) Supported Client Version | Supported Server 12.x |Citrix XenApp 5.5, 5.6, 6.0, 6.5, 7.0, 7.5 13.x |Citrix XenDesktop 7.0 14.x |Citrix XenDesktop 7.5 14.1.200 | Citrix XenDesktop 7.6 ----------- So the latest supported releases are XenApp 7.5 / XenDesktop 7.6, released more than 4 years ago. Obviously official support for more current version is urgently needed. The most current version in XenDesktop Version 7.18 - released June, 2018,
15 Comments
Valued Contributor.. Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

Moreover, Vugen recording (I'm using latest 12.62) DOES NOT WORK with Citrix Workspace app: no events, button press, etc. are recorded.

Currently, to record a script, I'm stuck to Vugen 12.62 with Citrix Receiver 14.12

Valued Contributor..

Correction: even Citrix Receiver 14.12 is not working

Currently, to record a script, I'm stuck to Vugen 12.62 with Citrix Receiver 14.3

Valued Contributor..

I use both Vugen 12.60 and 12.62: is it normal that to RECORD a Citrix script the latest working Citrix client is Citrix Receiver 14.3.0.5014?

I tested Citrix Receiver 14.12.0.18020 and even the last Citrix Workspace app (18.12.0.12): they both work in REPLAYING, but not in recording.
Trying to record a script results in button in Citrix recording window are not pressed, events are not generated, and no effect is produced: it's like you have a 'freezed' Citrix window after Citrix application is launched

You can simulate this in your lab.

Citrix Receiver 14.3.0.5014 has been released more than 4 years ago: is this a Compatibility issue?

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Under Consideration

We plan to update to a  newer version of LoadRunner / Vugen later this year.

Valued Contributor..

Thanks @BernhardKappler for the feedback.

For the record: Citrix just released Workspace App 19.03.x

https://www.citrix.de/downloads/workspace-app/

Regards,

R

Valued Contributor..

Goodevening @BernhardKappler , do you have any update on this topic?

Thanks,

Roberto

Valued Contributor..

..in addition, apart from raising an ER to ask for support, we're facing a more urgent issue: our IT infrastructure has started to upgrade our Citrix environment from current XenFarm 6.5 to XenApp 7.x (StoreFront), which is normally working with Citrix Workspace App

I'm currently using VUgen 12.63, and I tried different combinations of Citrix clients, from receiver 14.x, up to 14.9, then WorkSpace App 18 and 19.05 (latest)

NONE of them is working when it comes to record a Citrix script in the new XenApp 7.x environment: no Citrix events are generated in script.

With proper parameterization and correlation, I only managed to generate the launch application event, for example

ctrx_nfuse_connect("https://xenapp.mydomain.com/Citrix/XenApp7_ProdWeb/Resources/LaunchIca/{c_launchica}.ica?CsrfToken={CsrfToken}&IsUsingHttps=Yes&launchId={c_launchid}", CTRX_LAST);

but then no more Citrix events are recorded: this issue is becoming pressing because we're planning to migrate to XenApp 7.x by the end of this summer.

What is the correct combination of Citrix client (Receiver? WorkSpace App?), version number and settings to generate Citrix events while recording a WEB+ICA multiprotocol script in VUgen 12.63?

If possible we don't want to downgrade to previous VUgen versions as we developed a number of scripts and VUgen 12.63 works fine with our current BPM 9.51 infrastructure.

Thanks for assisting,
Roberto

Valued Contributor..

OK, i have now a more detailed feedback about my experience, and I think there's a serious lack when it comes to support recent systems.

I managed to RECORD a Citrix script in vugen 12.63 using this long term support client
https://www.citrix.com/downloads/citrix-receiver/legacy-receiver-for-windows-ltsr/receiver-for-windows-ltsr-4_9_6001.html

This is recent (May 2019), but it's not the WorkSpace App so some functionalities are missing; at the moment I don't care about them as I only need a client to RECORD scripts in Vugen.

In this document about PC/LR 12.63 System Requirements, on page 17 we have

Recomended version of Citrix Receiver is 4.9.6 (CU 6).
Citrix Agent does not support text-trapping functions (ctrx_sync_on_text_ex and ctrx_get_text) on Windows 10, Windows Server 2016, or later versions of Windows.

So I am forced to use a long term support client (latest Citrix Workspace App are not supported), and I cannot develop scripts in Windows 10 (or later!) as text trapping functions are not supported!

We absolutely need to support all of this:

1] Citrix Workspace App is now a thing!

2] Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016 are widespread now, we're already deploying Windows 2019!

Valued Contributor..

..no, correction: even the long time support Citrix Receiver 4.9.6 CU6 cannot be used: when I replay the script, image checks are all white.

Again, I am stuck to the 4-year old 14.3.0.5014 (4.x series) and cannot use Windows 10 or later, this HAS to be addressed.

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Accepted

We are in progress of updating BPM to use the latest LR version 12.63 which supports Citrix client is Citrix Receiver 14.9.0.2539. Citrix Workspace is officially not supported in LR.

Thanks

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.