BPM has to support more current Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop versions for script replay.

Idea ID 1763714

BPM has to support more current Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop versions for script replay.

According to latest APM 9.50 System_Requirements doc, the BPM 9.50 supports the following Citrix version in order to replay Citrix scripts on the BPM. --------------- BPM/VuGen - Citrix Compatibility Matrix LoadRunner 12.55 / BPM 9.50 (Citrix ICA with Receiver for Windows) Supported Client Version | Supported Server 12.x |Citrix XenApp 5.5, 5.6, 6.0, 6.5, 7.0, 7.5 13.x |Citrix XenDesktop 7.0 14.x |Citrix XenDesktop 7.5 14.1.200 | Citrix XenDesktop 7.6 ----------- So the latest supported releases are XenApp 7.5 / XenDesktop 7.6, released more than 4 years ago. Obviously official support for more current version is urgently needed. The most current version in XenDesktop Version 7.18 - released June, 2018,
15 Comments
Valued Contributor.. Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

@BernhardKapplerI tested 14.9 in VUgen and I can confirm this DOES NOT work to record scripts.

VUgen 12.63 does not generate any ctrx_ event when used in combination with Citrix Receiver 14.9

Regards,

Roberto

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Thanks for your feedback. I will discuss this with the LR team.

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Roberto,

I did follow up with the LR team. Citrix Receiver version 14.9 is supported and should work for recording and replay. Please open a support ticket for LR to investigate in case you are still facing the issue.

For your reference, here's the link to the LR 12.63 what's new and support matrix:

https://admhelp.microfocus.com/lr/en/12.60-12.63/help/WebHelp/Content/WelcomeContent/c_WhatsNew.htm

https://admhelp.microfocus.com/lr/en/12.60-12.63/help/WebHelp/Content/LandingPages/System-Requirements.htm

As mentioned, we plan to release BPM support for LR 12.63 with the upcoming BPM release.

Thanks

Bernhard

Valued Contributor..

Good evening @BernhardKappler , do you confirm this link is the 'Citrix Receiver version 14.9' you and support team are mentioning?

https://www.citrix.com/downloads/citrix-receiver/legacy-receiver-for-windows-ltsr/receiver-for-windows-ltsr-4_9_6001.html

If so, I confirm I tested it and it is NOT WORKING with 12.63: it can be used for replaying, but not for recording as no citrix event are generated; you can perform a test on your side and tell me if you're getting different results.

Regards,

R

Valued Contributor..

I use LoadRunner/Performance Center 12.63 and am able to record Citrix scripts.  I currently user the 4.9cu2 Receiver, but have tested with 4.9.8 as well.  The latest Receiver version does not work.  In order to record you have to disable Active X controls in the browser (Vugen actually gives Citrix ICA recording tips link on the Start Recording window). Also, if using IE to launch StoreFront, you have to run Vugen as an administrator.  

I can't say I have tried to use any of the text capture features from 2016, I do most of my scripting from a 2012R2 server.  I will need to test that functionality as we are moving to 2016 and above. 

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.